Chinese-Forums

Chinese Reading Practice

Shelley

I just found this and thought it might be of interest.

It is reading material arranged by beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Interesting subjects of the ones I have looked at, only found it today so not had time to look at all of them.

It offers translations, and reading help.

I think it is worth a look.

http://chinesereadingpractice.com/

• Like 3

It looks good.  I like having the ability to hover over words to get their meaning as well as having the option for seeing the English translation side by side.  

The only downside for me personally is that it's in simplified Chinese.  I can see the traditional character in the pop up window when I hover over the word but it would be nice to have an option to see the traditional in the passage itself.  But that's just me.

I suppose it is impatience. :conf

Hadn't thought of it like that, if nobody had viewed I might have thought so, but it was more that there were more than a 150 views and no comments.

I don't have much graded stuff that I like the subject matter. The choice on this site, for me, was good.

Here in the UK its so easy to forget just how much difference CYN makes in China.

Even in Europe, I think a lot of people who are interested in China are pretty busy right now.

Some schools/cultural centers/consulates organize events such as buffets, talent shows, lion dances etc.

Which reminds me, if I wasn't busy cleaning up my flat before guests come over next week (what? I'm just taking a little break right now), I would have gone to see the lion dance in the Chinese quarter this afternoon... ah well.

Edit: oh look apparently the moderation team was busy too :P

Everyone's busy having fun, think I will join them.

Traveling north to see my family tomorrow, so joining in the spirit of CYN and returning to my mothers house for a day or so.

@eshen yes I like the way the help is orginised. I really like the topics, and the length is good.