Chinese-Forums

What's a bar in a hotel room?

Kenny同志

Well, it is, kind of. Often it's called a minibar. Basically, it is a few drinks, and possibly other snacks, inside a fridge in a hotel room. You can consume what you like, and then the charge is added to your hotel bill when you leave. The prices are usually exorbitant, though.

See this.

If someone says 'hotel bar' with no other context, I'd assume a regular bar that is in a hotel, i.e. 酒吧, a place with seats and tables and a bar and someone selling you drinks.

For me, if someone meant 'minibar', they'd say 'minibar', the small fridge in your room that has drinks.

Minibar is in the room. 小冰箱

"I just drank a beer from the minibar in my room because I was tired and didn't want to go out."

The hotel may have a bar, KTV, gym, sauna, etc. outside the room. 酒店的酒吧

"Let's meet in the hotel bar at 8 pm. It's on the 5th floor."

A very high-end hotel room, like the Presidential Suite, may have a bar in it, but I've never stayed in one so I wouldn't know. I suppose someone staying in such a room would either use room service for small needs or, if they were entertaining larger numbers, would arrange for the bar to send up a mobile bar and bartender.

Interesting. I forgot to mention that the bar went with refrigerator so it may not be a bar with tables and seats. 

The document says the hotel's deluxe king rooms feature a personal bar and refrigerator, for which additional fees apply.