Chinese-Forums

Switching schools mid-visa

TheIronWeasel

I'll be starting my second year with another (*sigh*) English training school in China in a couple of days, and I've been approached by a number of universities about teaching for them full time in September. Some background: I had originally planned to teach for a university in March, but missed the boat due to an unexpected injury in the states. Since my present work visa places me thoroughly in the hands of yet another dastardly private training school until May of 2016, I'm wondering if there's any way to amicably terminate my contract sometime within the next 5 months while also procuring the reference letter necessary for me to obtain another work visa.

I'd heard from a friend of mine who manages a school in another city that my work visa could be bought, so to speak, from my training school by whichever university wishes to hire me (should they so choose). How would this bode for my getting a subsequent work permit within the same year for which my previous one was valid? Is that even doable?

If any of you have experience switching ships midstream, I'd love to hear your comments.

For those of you trollish enough to inform me of what I should or should not have done previously, I'll warn you now that I'm already sorely low on time machine fuel and would, therefor, be unable to take your comments under proper advisement - so don't waste your keystrokes, and I won't waste my precious dilithium crystals.

Thank you in advance, netizens! :)