Chinese-Forums

有针对性地

Pedroski

Unless the context dictates otherwise, I'd take 给 as the main verb in the first sentence and 带 in the second.

This makes sense, as the 了, if not located at the very end of the sentence, must directly follow the main verb (of each separate action, of which in this case, there is only one).

"带给" is no doubt one word, but in contrast with "给...带" in the sentence quoted, I was simply trying to pinpoint, in a shorthand way, the main element for each verb-phrase: in one it's 给 in the other it is 带. 

This makes sense, as the 了, if not located at the very end of the sentence, must directly follow the main verb (of each separate action, of which in this case, there is only one).

了 follows verb complements before objects quite often so this theory doesn't really hold.

As for 給 as the "main verb" (as you put it in #60), or even the "main element" in the verb phrase... I don't buy it. I parse 帶給 as verb+給 not as just verb.