Chinese-Forums

Sinolink

TCcookie

Hello. First, I apologize. I'm quite sure I remember people posting about this organization, but the search brings up nothing.

Anyway, I'm thinking I will do a month-long English-teaching stint in Beijing through an organization called Sinolink http://sinolinkfoundation.org . I've read around online a bit about such jobs, and my expectations aren't terribly high; however, I would like to know if this would be a huge mistake going through Sinolink or if there are other easy options for spending a month in Beijing at negligible cost. Hearing others' experiences would be nice, too.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The salary based on the number of hours teaching each weeik seems to be a little low.

Typically a SAFEA contract is for 12-18 hours per week and the base salary is arounf 4000-4500RMB (non-teaching degree with no experience). This correspondes to about 60-80RMB per hour. Any overtime above the contract amount should be 100+ RMB per hour.

You should also be able to pick up private tutoring inside/outside the school at the higher rate (if you worked an additional 10 hours oer week as per the sinolink hours, you would effectively be earning twice the monthly salary outlined by sinolink).

When shopping for agencies or schools, make sure that they use the SAFEA (State Administration of Foreign Expert Affairs) contract system. The standard entitlements are similar to those nominated on the sinolink webpage. SAFEA also registers agencies, so use an agency which is endorse by the governrment.