Chinese-Forums

Assertive female co-worker....

alwaysstriving

*OP is probably not one now, but if he starts accepting the offers, maybe he will be one

Just keep your mind on the money....honestly, I think there are worse things then being romantic for money if you can pick your customers.

• 1 month later...

I work at a school for adults.

A female co-worker and I have been dating for about 5-6 weeks.

I mentioned to her that I'm looking for a new place that's a little nicer and closer to work.

I was not at all hinting for us to shack up. She suggested that we move in together.

She was really assertive with dating and she went out of her way to show her interest in me from the first day.

is this known to be common?

I actually do really like her and I really respect her. She has studied English hard and she takes good care of herself. She also read a lot and practices her piano a lot. I really enjoy being with her.

One of my friends suggested the idea that maybe she just really knows what she wants in life and going for a western man is part of her plan. If it's true it's something to be aware of, but not necessarily a bad thing.

Merged your new topic with the earlier advice you didn't acknowledge or take. 

Edit - I'll note you've made thirteen posts and started 10 topics (11, including the one I just merged). This suggests you're not posting any follow-up or saying thanks for any responses. 

• Like 3

Did you finally get your meds?

If so, perhaps you might tell us where and how and how much it cost.

If not, perhaps you should avoid making life changing decisions right now.

Also what happened with your residence permit, do you have your passport back yet?

everything sorted out?

And what of the rich adult student? (I confess this is only out of curiosity hehe).

• Like 1

If you can forsee a situation in which you would break up suddenly and acrimoniously (no matter how low you think the likelihood of this situation is), don't do it.

Also, you've been dating like a month. Regardless, don't do it.

• Like 1

I actually do really like her and I really respect her. She has studied English hard and she takes good care of herself. She also read a lot and practices her piano a lot. I really enjoy being with her.
This is a sound basis for a dating relationship, but not quite enough for moving in together after 5-6 weeks. Take things very slowly if you can.

I shall be looking forward to the next topic started by the OP on this lady, can't wait to read what happens next.

• Like 2

If I was talking to one of my good friends and s/he said I have been going out with this really nice person for about a month and now we are thinking of moving in together I would say Whoa, No, don't do it, are you mad? 

And I am going to say to you   Whoa, No, don't do it, are you mad? What are you thinking, are you even thinking?

Demonic_Duck and Lu make very good points.

Take it slowly, very slowly. from previous experience of some of my friends who have been through this kind of thing, I would say be very careful, it looks like a snake pit of trouble.

@edelweis

Did you finally get your meds?

Doesn't look like it  ......http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/48998-getting-prescription-sent-to-beijing-from-canada/

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Did you finally get your meds?

If so, perhaps you might tell us where and how and how much it cost.

If not, perhaps you should avoid making life changing decisions right now.

Also what happened with your residence permit, do you have your passport back yet?

everything sorted out?

And what of the rich adult student? (I confess this is only out of curiosity hehe).

Yikes! So many issues... 

The issues have issues!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times.