Chinese-Forums

Join-the-dots Chinese characters

pprendeville

Is there any website that has join-the-dot style characters? Teaching our kids and its a fun way for our middle child to practice with the eldest who doesn't need this style.

Hmm... I do not know of anything of the sort. That being said, I do not know how effective a join-the-dots style Chinese character practice would be, considering that (most) Chinese characters are made up of multiple strokes, so the pen must be lifted and placed back down in order to finish writing the character. If you want to teach your kids how to write, I would suggest using character practice sheets instead.

• Like 1

Can't think of anything web based, but there is a nice little app for android aimed at kids learning Chinese characters, its available on the playstore and is called Monki Chinese Class https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.monkimun.chinese&hl=en

Its very colourful , and fun.

There is also a book called chineasy that seems to be by the same author.

do you mean the character written out in a light coloured font and you trace over it?if so that should do the trick. do you have any links, quick Google didn't show up any.

thanks Shelley, don't have an android device.