Chinese-Forums

Mentioning Previous Rejection on Application Form

AnonyMao

• New Members

Hi All,

I have an offer for a job in China and am expecting the paperwork needed to apply for a Z visa within the next few days. The company is an American multinational with a few large offices in China so everything should be legit on this front.

Only problem is I was rejected for an M visa earlier in the year when I was applying for an internship. The reason I was given at the time (by an agency) was that I'd been to China too many times. I'm not sure whether to take this reason at face value or not, but either way the application was rejected.

I now have a new passport and, as opposed to last time, I will be applying for the Z visa in my home country. Obviously I want to minimise the chance of being rejected again, so when it comes to filling out the part of the visa form where it asks if I've previously been rejected, should I lie or be honest?

I imagine it wouldn't be difficult for them to check their system and see that I had in fact been denied before (although I have obtained an S2 visa since then) but I'm also thinking that proactively telling them that I've previously been denied is just going to be shooting myself in the foot.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

i am no expert on visa issues but just from a common sense point of view I would suggest honesty as the best policy.

Not sure what the fallout would be if it was discovered later.

Perhaps if you can make it clear the chronological order in which you were refused and then allowed it may help.

Hope things work out for you.

It's not unusual for a visa application to be rejected when you apply outside your home country. So why not just note something like, "Application Rejected When I Applied Outside [your country]."

Also, was your visa rejected after the consulate accepted and considered the application, or did they just refuse to accept your application when presented at the counter? Sometimes the clerks will just look at an application and not like something on it -- paperwork not right, too many visits to China, applicant non-resident, etc. -- and hand it back straightaway. This isn't actually a "visa refusal" but more a refusal to consider your visa application for some reason. When they hand the application back right away it never gets entered into the system, of course.

Obviously I want to minimise the chance of being rejected again, so when it comes to filling out the part of the visa form where it asks if I've previously been rejected, should I lie or be honest?

No experience with the issue but I'ld vote for honesty as it's fairly easy for them to find out you've been rejected. I don't know or they will check, but if they do committing fraud is likely to be a bigger issue then being rejected before. Specially if they granted you another visa after the rejection. Unless as 889 says they never accepted the application.

• New Members

Thanks for the replies.

So the original M visa that I was rejected for was the first time I'd applied for this type, and I was applying for a double entry 30 day I think.

As to whether it was ever actually officially processed, I'm not 100%. I did it through an agency in HK, funnily enough because I thought it would be more likely to be successful this way, and they just told me the result - although I do remember seeing my form there afterwards with some scribbles and writing on it.

Seems like the honest route is the best to take then. I may go directly to the consulate this time and see if I can talk it through with someone there first

• Like 1

Seems like the honest route is the best to take then. I may go directly to the consulate this time and see if I can talk it through with someone there first

I know the feeling, I had the same for a Djibouti visa that was refused (to process) happily, I also wasn't charged for it.

When in doubt this is always a good idea.