Chinese-Forums

Student visa, two short questions

mike_v

• New Members

Hey guys, I will be going on exchange to China next fall semester. I have two questions I'd like to ask.

1) I have already received my digital invitation letter but the original one is still on it's way to my home university (in the NL). I will be leaving in 2 weeks already for travels in other places in Asia and therefore it'd really help me out if I were able to apply for my visa beforehand. Is it possible to apply for an X2-visa with only the digital files? (which are scans made by the University, thus include signatures and stamps)

2) My exchange is in Shanghai, but I want to travel for about 2-3 weeks in Yunnan and Sichuan before heading there. The visa will cover my entire stay but by doing this I am not able to register "within 24 hours for temporary residence" in the place that I will actually be living in. How can this possibly be solved? Or will the hostels/guesthouses I will stay in do this for me automatically and I do not have to do anything (see http://www.cn-visa.com/registration_form_of_temporary_residence.asp )?

Mike

Or will the hostels/guesthouses I will stay in do this for me automatically and I do not have to do anything

Yes, that's what happens. As long as you have a valid China visa, the places where you stay take care of registering you with the PSB.

I don't know about your other question.

I was actually at the Dutch visa center last week to apply for a student visa, you definitely need the original documents. They seem really strict compared to previous years.

As far as the residence registration is concerned, just register when you're in Shanghai.

Last time I totally forgot to register and ended up doing it two weeks after I arrived, wasn't a problem. This was in Xiamen though.