Chinese-Forums

Choice of university,

ekmika

• New Members

Hello everyone,

I want to start to thank you (mods and participants) for sharing all of your experiences in China. It has been really helpful and allowed me (and many of us I am sure) of making the right choices regarding our studies/trips/experiences in China.

I am currently getting everything in order to start a semester in Chinese language in Dalian and I went through all the topics and the threads before posting this.

I read somewhere that the new campus of Dalian University of Technology was really far away from downtown (same goes for the campus of Dalian University of Foreign Languages it seems). I would like to know if this also applies to the campus of Liaoning Normal University. I was indeed thinking about going in one of those three universities.

The website dalianexpat.com seems to be out, so I couldn't find any good information about apartment renting or flat sharing in Dalian.

If any of you could help me getting more information I would be really grateful.

Again, I thank you for sharing all of your experiences.

Mickael

Liaoning Normal is in a pretty central location, and they just opened a metro station which connects it to the airport and the city centre! I reckon students at 辽师 are feeling pretty pleased with themselves right about now...

Dalian Foreign Languages University is basically in a different city, Lvshun - it's about 40km away from the city centre, there's a regular bus but the traffic can be terrible. The campus is pretty, though, and right near the sea.

• New Members

Thank you for your quick reply.

It seems that Liaoning Normal would be a good choice for me.

Do you have information about flat renting / flat sharing and their prices ? I am sure they are gone up (the solid information I can on the web goes back to 2011).

I have been looking at flat rental prices recently, but in a (I guess) more expensive area. I don't know the area around 辽师 too well.

While I'm sure you could find a cheap place for one person for around 1000RMB, it seems a typical price for a decent place (not student digs) is maybe 3-5000. House prices are really high in Dalian, compared to other cities of the same size, at least from what I've seen. (the prices I've suggested are down on the sea front though, with all the 爆发虎 )

There's a forum called Dalian Expat, people on there would know more. Don't know anything about sharing really, but I'm sure it's find-out-able