Chinese-Forums

Australian tourist rejected China Tourist visa in Seoul. HELP

lostinseoul

• New Members

Went to Seoul Chinese Visa Application center.

Applied for simple L tourist visa with all documents provided (travel schedule, tickets, hotel bookings, passport photo, original Australia Passport and completed application form). This first application was not completed properly as it hadnt been signed at the end and the staff didnt catch it so the embassy rejected it and advised to redo.

Since urgent applied immediately again with complete application again and all documents provided once again with express same day service fee and this time was rejected for no apparent reason except for apply in home country Australia!

Before travelling to Korea I had contacted the Chinese embassy as well as the visa center in Australia and here in Korea. No one had stipulated such a stupid clause and even whilst there both times no one stated any such rule and I saw normal tourists applying too. The person I spoke to at visa center didnt even understand how this is possible or why.....

Can I contact the embassy directly and make my case? Point out that I had contacted them and both visa centers+1st application they only said signature was missing etc?
Can I apply through a travel agency somewhere else? Maybe Busan in the South?

Should I try HK or Japan instead? Directly or travel agency is recommended?

This is HIGHLY infuriating! Everything is organised, attending exhibition, meeting friend and everything paid for and now LAST MINUTE they refuse for no real reason except this BS!!!! WTH!

WHAT can I do? PLEASE HELP!

(I've never been there. They would have ZERO reasons to reject eg money, criminal record, lack of documents etc.)

Australia just announced 10-year visas for Chinese visitors. Perhaps China will announce a reciprocal measure for Australians soon. Or perhaps not.

In any event, 10-year visas for Americans and Canadians seem to be somewhat broadly available outside home country. If Australians become entitled to 10-year visas as well, perhaps there'll also be a loosening of the home-country rule. So you might want to wait a bit, if you can.

That said, your best chance in the region would be Hong Kong.

But note the dilemma discussed in another recent thread: the application asks whether you've ever been rejected for a Chinese visa before.

By the way, while it might seem odd, China tends to be more flexible in giving visas to those who've had Chinese visas before.

At a guess - are you teaching in Korea, or have you been there long enough that they might think you have been teaching, legally or otherwise? You may fit the profile of an itinerant English teacher who's going to be looking for work.

I wouldn't reapply unless your situation changes - maybe invitation letters from your friend / the exhibition organizer?

I wouldn't apply again in Korea. If you are going to HK or Japan anyway you could try BUT it could be a big waste of time and money otherwise. If you go there purely to get a visa then don't get it. ...

If you're in HK, head to a visa agency and see what they say.

• New Members

889:

Oh wow! Didnt know we just approved 10 year visa.

What is the general concensus so far with regards to that dilemma? I had been advised by an agent to ignore it if the reasons I were given were no signature and apply from home country.

roddy:

I've been in Korea for about 3 weeks sightseeing and been staying with a friend. Not an english teacher nor any interest in working legally or otherwise and have the money to prove it as well as own business.

Invitation letter is possible yeah but the exhibition would finish by the time I get that sorted.

ChTTay:

Thing is I need to go. And like I said I had contacted them all before leaving with no issues. Even my first application was just about the missing signature not apply from home country.

So now its looking like the 72hr transit visa is the only way I'd be able to attend the exhibition....Perhaps onwards to somewhere else where I could apply for it again. Wondering if the 72 hr would also apply on the return leg transit?

Lastly, would it help if I get documented evidence eg email and or recorded phone call from the Australian embassy/consulate/visacenter telling me I should apply in Korea and do not need to come back to Australia to apply for it? Could I then appeal or ask for a review of the rejection or use the same just in case for some other destination along the way?

This sounds like a bureaucratic B.S. snafu.  The first application was rejected because it lacked a signature.  The second application was rejected because it is their policy that anyone who has had a visa rejection needs to apply in their home countries.  That's my guess at what happened, anyway.  What you need is someone to call someone, and get something done.  If it was me, I'd apply again through an agency using their rush service.  They likely have staff with friends inside who can cut the red tape and get you what you need. 

• New Members

Vellocet:

Is it possible to contact the embassy or a consulate and make my case directly with regards to an application? maybe with the documented proof but would they even care? ie do they even allow that or would it get me blacklisted for life lol

At the CTS center i've asked to speak to their supervisor but not sure as they pointed out they can do anything because they just forward the documents etc thats it.

So Im thinking if I cant talk to someone at the embassy etc maybe Busan consulate (which issues its own visas) or else a different country.

Guys which agencies come highly recommended in HK?

well,Australia now can not process 10 years china visa yet,but can process one year china visa in china mainland ,if you do it by visa agency then it is easy to get it .no need go to japan to do it .

just need to spend some money to do it by visa agency ,visa agency can help you to do one year visa,only passport and photo will finished for you.thanks 

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Update:

Had gone to HK and applied through Forever Bright bt-chinavisa.com.hk.

The paperwork was identical except many spots they didnt care about including the full itenary unlike S Korea.

Only concern was birth country being different to Passport Country so then their tune changed to lets try (perhaps dual citizenship concern or that birth country is considered differently). Sunrise Travel (another company also said something similar).

Anyway, next day got my single entry tourist Visa and all was well.

• Like 1