Chinese-Forums

Any Private language school that can issue X1 Visa - Beijing or elsewhere

Johnny20270

This time again when I need to consider what my options are

The VISA question is the problem. If I am continuing to stay in China for another year I will need an X1 visa. Despite numerous calls to many different language schools only one in Beijing can issue a X1 visa

Anyone know of any other school? I would like to stay in Beijing but willing to go elsewhere if no other option, if people have any other ideas as to how to stay in China with a residents permit that would be very useful. I want to have small group classes so not a university.

As a matter of interest, what do the members of this forum that are in china with a residents permit?

You don't actually say the one school you have found. Which is it?

I believe LTL can issue visas. I read that on these forums I think.

As for how I am in China/BEIJING, I have a job.

Hi ChTTay

BICC are they only one who can issue X1 visa's in Beijing. 

Can't believe how hard it is to study Chinese in China :) My fellow classmates are having the same problem unfortunately

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to bump up this thread as I basically have a week left to sort out my visa  :shock:

Anyone know of any private language school that offer an X1 visa?

Thanks all in adcance

He's tried BICC and didn't like it. I suspect you've been to LTL too, Johnny? LTL said a couple of years back they can do X visas, but two years is a long time in visa politics. 

(and actually, re that topic, rather than not saying what the problem was, it'd be fairer to just give the facts so people can make up their own minds. "I had a problem with A" means that anyone who doesn't care about A doesn't have anything to worry about, and anyone who does can ask the school if it's changed, or ignore you, or not go there)

yes, I checked with LTL and met the guys, they can't issue JW202 form unfortunately, they can get X2 easily (as far as I'm aware). However regarding visa, I suggest people speak to them directly. They are very helpful may be able to help. Its not for me to comment of their visa abilities.  The main issue when I spoke to the LTL guys was that they didn't have a group class suitable for my level only private. A years private tuition is not exactly cheap. I will say that it seems like an excellent school. Guys who run it are honest and seem to genuinely care about students education. 

As for BICC yes Roddy I fully agree that its good to state the facts but these type of reviews will variable be subjective. I have held off as I had a lot of meetings with various people about the place. It has changed for the better and they have agreed to some changes

I will as promised write a full review on them in the next month. I am trying to be fair as they have made changes for the better. That is good.

Furthermore to balance it up another member on this forum has had excellent time at BICC so I email him and we agreed to do a review at the same time so as not to slant any 

By August end I will know where I stand and what I am doing. In a nut shell: As of today BICC have improved but have a long way to go. 3 / 5

Finally as I said before, if people want to contact me directly I'm happy to discuss rather than a public forum (at this point in time)

EDIT: 

What's wrong with BICC then? If they can give you what you want why don't you want to study there? 

To answer this question directly,  its not that I don't particularly want to study there its that I would like something better and feel my progress over the last 9 months its very poor. Given I study 8 hours a day every day and only at a HSK3 level I am not at all happy with that. Of course much of this is my fault but I genuinely feel in a better school I would have made a lot more progress

• 1 month later...