Chinese-Forums

Private Language School in Shanghai

cmiller11101

I'm planning to move to Shanghai in late October/early November with my boyfriend. He's transferring for work, and I'm going to study. My plan is to start at ECNU (华东师范大学) around February 2016, whenever the next semester starts. In the mean time, I want to spend December and January studying at a private school to get as much of a head start as possible.

Currently we're in NYC and I've started working with a tutor here.

Does anyone have any private school recommendations for about 2-3 months of study prior to ECNU?

-Chris

There's the matter of knowing which visa you will be on.

Because if it is X1 visa, the date of arrival might be less flexible.

But if you go on another visa (say, tourist visa), and then want to change to a student visa, you might have to go back to your country of origin.

Sorry I don't have information about private schools in Shanghai. Have you found anything yet?

• 2 months later...

Hi there, 

Are you still searching?  I have one that I would recommend.  It's the school that I go to a few times a week.  The teachers are really friendly and seem to be trained consistently, and they have 2 campuses that are relatively centrally located.  It's called Han Yuan.  Here's the website: http://www.hanyuansh.com/lesson_en.asp?fid=217

For pricing, I have a plan where I buy 50 private 50-minute lessons for 100rmb each.  It's a bit less than what's on the website.

If you have any more questions about it or just want more general info, let me know.