Chinese-Forums

Infernal Affairs III 無間道 III - 終極無間

skylee

I've just come back from the cinema. I am not good at writing film critics etc so I will copy something written by someone else (in traditional Chinese) -

《無間度》意指第18層地獄, 要受到不斷的折磨, 永不超生!

陳永仁, 黃Sir, 韓琛, Mary姐...也是因劉sir而死, 而劉sir害死那麼多人只為『想做好人!』今集他代入了陳永仁的身份, 連他自己亦相信自己是陳永仁, 他是警察, 他要捉韓琛的臥底劉sir(即是他自己)! 所以他將黎明代入了劉sir(他自己)的身份, 要設法將他繩之於法, 最後發現黎明跟陳永仁一樣:『我係警察!』那他自己是什麼?... 劉德華(劉Sir)於今集真正進入了終極無間! 永不超生!

Andy Lau's (劉德華) character is sooooo pathetic. He tries to be a good person and kills anyone and everyone who is in his way. And if there is a woman he loves but can't get, he makes sure that she is killed too (this is in the first sequel). And then with all his sins he lives on, even if he tries to kill himself. At the end of the movie I felt really sorry for him.

This sequel is a bit too complicated to me. It jumps back and forth and makes reference to what happened in the first two films. It opened today and has already got plenty of bad reviews. I don't find it bad though. Many scenes are in fact very nicely arranged. It is just not as surprisingly powerful as the first film.

Here is the movie's official website.

But I definitely prefer "Love Actually".

I like Infernal Affairs III despite so many critics towards it,but ,to tell the truth,it's not so good as I previously expected.According to my opinion,Infernal Affairs I is better than Infernal Affairs III. i like Andy Lau and Tony Leung,and, Kelly is so beautiful,so is Sammi,hahahaha...

Just watched this. The plot really did get too convoluted, and I think you spend too much time trying to understand what's happening, and therefore you don't have enough time to actually care what's happening.

I'm amazed there's any crime at all in Hong Kong - they're all undercover cops!

Roddy

PS 对不起, 我是警察

So far I have only seen the first one.

It was a great movie indeed. It was great in the sense that it lacked the essential element of any other crime movies produced in Hong Kong -- violence.

In other typical outstanding crime movies like those directed by John Woo, violence was exceptionally (or unnecessarily) excessive.

But in "Infernal Affairs", other than the scene the detective fell from the skyscraper which shocked every audience, violence was exceptionally rare.

The sound of bullet was instead replaced by the ringing of cell-phone.

It's got a bit of shooting and death in, but the Internal Affairs movies are much less 'action' than you might expect a Hong Kong cops and robbers film to be - no Chow Yun Fat sliding down bannisters with pistols blazing or anything.

I'm waiting for 无间道543, which at the current rate of production should be out late 2004. Apparently, this will feature Andy Lau's mystery wife being arrested by their newborn child -

对不起妈妈, 我也是警察

and then the action will move (with no warning) to 1932 . . .

Roddy

ok, i finally sat down to watch parts 2 and 3 (after really enjoying the first one a few months ago).

with no english OR chinese subtitles, part 2 kind of passed me by. definitely the violent one, by the way.

with only chinese subtitles to go on, i thought part 3 was watchable (there were some good moments), but ultimately disappointing. andy's character just doesn't live up to expectations, in my opinion. he should have stayed sinister, but it all got a bit stupid, didn't it?

I'm waiting for 无间道543' date=' which at the current rate of production should be out late 2004. Apparently, this will feature Andy Lau's mystery wife being arrested by their newborn child -
对不起妈妈, 我也是警察

and then the action will move (with no warning) to 1932 . . .

Roddy

but not before the mystery wife burns the kid's ID papers and birth certificate with the words: 谁知道?

...and then running off to locate her own marriage certificate, only to find that andy has accidently left it in possession of his psychotherapist with whom he is having a running dialogue concerning his split personality as a secretly-wed pop star / HK police chief-inspector.

There was an article in the 新京报 (same news group as the Southern Weekend, and a welcome addition to Beijing's newspapers) which I didn't have time to read properly, but they were suggesting that the third film should have been subtitled 终极无聊 instead of 终极无间. I'd have to agree with that.

There was an article in the 新京报 (same news group as the Southern Weekend, and a welcome addition to Beijing's newspapers) which I didn't have time to read properly, but they were suggesting that the third film should have been subtitled 终极无聊 instead of 终极无间. I'd have to agree with that.

Yeah - that's great!