Chinese-Forums

Chinese Book Translations, Unsure. :)

Xingqier

Hello all 大家好,

I am reading a Chinese book and came across a  few sentences that I am not sure about how to translate into english. This forum is always so awesome, so I hope we can keep the momentum  going!  :P

The words in blue are the ones I tried to translate. The Black font I already know in english, but I put it there for context.

向湛云不耐烦地皱着眉,眼眸隐于墨镜下,教人看不清他的想法,然而,不断交换支撑身体的脚,以及不停轻敲着手臂的手指,均充分显示他的耐性已达极限。

“……所以小朋友是需要父母关心爱护的,不是将所有的责任都丢给幼稚园老师就可以……”

面对眼前这名不及自己下巴,嗓音却响彻云霄的女子,不,是幼稚园老师,向湛云自认已发挥至高的爱心、耐心以及同情心,站在她面前听训,可是他向来对专业人土抱持着尊重的心,但这位老师实在让他提不起任何的敬意

你有完没完?他终是忍不住开口阻止她的训话。

My translation of the Blue Font: 

Confronting this person now is not as good as ones own chin, yet the woman's voice resonated into the skies, no, its a kindergarten teacher, Xian Zhan Yun already acknowledged that he has displayed paramount compassion, patience, as well as sympathy. He stopped listening to her instructions in her presence, But...  He always used to answer "Professional people 土" maintaining the intention of respect. But this teacher actually didn't let him mention any "respect".

"Did you finish or not?" He could help but open his mouth to prevent her from admonishing her subordinates. 

-Thanks!

不及自己下巴 here is meaning shorter than [his] chin, and is in direct contrast to the next statement talking about how this person is short but has a voice that reaches the sky.

I think your English translation has a lot of problems.  Read it in English, without thinking about the Chinese at all - it doesn't make sense in parts and the parts that do make sense are written in a way that no native speaker would ever normally say.

Parts that are very clunky are very good indicators of places in the Chinese text that you have not understood.