Chinese-Forums

HELP! ** * * * * * Z and S1 application questions

Chi-nian

Hi - sorry to double post this, but I really need help ASAP.

Back in the end of June, I had to make a decision whether to risk a trip to HK or send my docs back to Canada to apply for a Z visa for myself and S1 visas for my wife and two children.

I chose the Canada route, but now I think I have a problem or two. I've sent away the applications, but they haven't been submitted yet. I only have 3 days to make changes if necessary.

On the application form, it asks whether you've ever been granted a Chinese visa before. Does the short term visitor visa to HK count?

On my family's application forms, it asks who the 'Inviter' is. Our applications are all being submitted at the same time; my Z and their S1s.
Would my application be processed first and then theirs? Therefore, I would be their 'inviter'
If not, wouldn't my employer be their 'inviter'?

I can't wait for this whole process to be over!!!!

Thanks

>>"On the application form, it asks whether you've ever been granted a Chinese visa before. Does the short term visitor visa to HK count?"

No; it doesn't count. That's not a visa. For citizens of US and Canada, Hong Kong grants tourists entry without a visa. Can stay 90 days.

I think you have screwed up. Not sure how to fix it.

Your "inviter" needs to write a letter of invitation. Need to see if your employer is willing to do that (at least for you. Not sure about your family.) Also, it needs to be submitted along with the application.

A sample invitation letter can be found here:

http://www.visarite.com/china_work_visa.htm and

http://www.visarite.com/invitation_letter_of_duly_authorized_unit.htm#.VaCY2fnw-NM

Have you managed to assemble the other required documents? You might want to have a look at the Hong Kong Visa topic for more.