Chinese-Forums

Going from Z visa to tourist visa

alwaysstriving

Currently I'm teaching on a Z visa.

I may want to take a break (and stay in Beijing) between teaching contracts.

Is possible to change a Z working visa to a tourist visa and then back to a Z working visa while staying in Beijing?

I have some self improvement projects on the go (such as learning Mandarin Chinese language) and I could use some time off to study full time.

Thanks in advance.

Last time I checked you can only "change" from one type of visa to another once before you have to leave China and start again. Also, some types of visa can't "change". So, for example, my University could technically change an L into an X visa within China. However, at that time id already changed from an L to a Z (then got a residence permit) so I had to leave China, cancel the Z (residence permit) and apply for an X .

However, when I finished University I couldn't switch my X to a Z at all. I had to leave.

I wouldn't do what you propose as I reckon you'll end up having to go back to your home country or Hong Kong. If you found a new job, would the time between your current one and that one be enough? Could you leave your current job early?

s possible to change a Z working visa to a tourist visa and then back to a Z working visa while staying in Beijing?

-----for z visa ,can not change to tourist visa ,if you need tourist visa ,then will cancal the z visa ,then tourist visa will come into effect ,when the tourist visa expired,if you still need z visa ,need to do a new Z visa ,Can  not change another the same Z visa before