Chinese-Forums

2yrs of Experience Proof

Jamasian

I'm applying for a work visa and I can't find what needs to be included on the letter of proof of experience. I see a lot of samples of what the Chinese companies should provide though. Anyone care to share or point me in the right direction?

Also, does it really need to be work in your new field? I turned down sales representative because I haven't done any retail after graduation. haha

You'll probably get a better response by providing more details.  What position are you hoping to get, and what guidance have you been given?

From personal experience, I have found Chinese job postings to be rather over-optimistic in terms of experience.  It's not uncommon to find space on an application for a teaching position for 'publications' and where I'm from it's very unlikely that a teacher would have published anything.

Also, I wouldn't turn down a job because you think you are not fully qualified, thats for the employer to decide.

This is from my experience of the visa process (thus far) with my new job: my new company asked for letters from my previous employers to prove the amount of time I'd worked there. The letter my previous employer gave to me was exactly the same as the one they give for proof of termination of employment, i.e. "XXX, passport number 12345678, worked here between date and date", and it seemed that was adequate. However, my work experience is only very tenuously related to my new position, so we're not sure if the PSB will accept it. If they don't, there is a smallish fine (I think it was about 1000RMB), which my employer will shoulder as long as everything falls within the limit for what they will pay for visa-related costs.

If your previous work experience is outside of China, I assume you'd simply have to ask your former employer to draft a similar letter (name, passport number and dates of employment).

Also, I wouldn't turn down a job because you think you are not fully qualified, thats for the employer to decide.

That really depends. I had a job offer from a company for a job for which I wasn't qualified, to the extent that I honestly had no idea if I'd even be able to succeed in that kind of job. I turned it down, because that's not the kind of thing you want to suddenly find out a month into your new job, having just sorted out your work visa, only for it to promptly be cancelled.

• Like 1

I'm not going to be an English teacher. I'll have an office job. I read on another platform that a NET submitted a printout from her school in S. Korea and it was rejected for some reason (probably wasn't on a letterhead) and pay slips didn't count.

All of my experience is outside of China. I'll ask my employer to add all of that to the letter. My potential new employer doesn't want to should any visa related costs. I better talk to them once more before signing any papers. Especially since the paperwork rules aren't crystal.