Chinese-Forums

X2 Visa Questions

tongaface

Hi all

I have a few things regarding my X2 visa (study visa for less than 180 days) i was just issued. I'm studying a semester abroad at Shanghai Jiaotong for the fall semester.

1) Entries: 02 - Does one of these entries get used up when i first enter China? So really after my initial arrival (Entry 1) i can only leave China and return once (Entry 2)?

2) Do i need to register with the police on arrival within 24 hours? - I arrive in China on the 6-Sep-15 and i can't move into my dorm until the 11-Sep-15 (Registration day / 3 days before semester begins). In the interm i have booked a nearby hotel to stay at. I know i don't need to do a medical or get a residence permit but i have read somewhere i need to register with a police station? Can someone please confirm that?

3) Duration of each stay: 110 days - If i arrive on the 6-Sep-15 does that mean i have to exit the country on the 25-Dec-15 (110 Days)? I read somewhere they count the 1st as the day after your arrival. I'm planning on leaving China leaving on 24-Dec-15 for a short vacation but havent booked yet and I stupidly put down the 110 days which leaves little room for flexibility if my plans change and i want to leave later.

4) When does my visa expire? - If i enter China on the 6-Sep-15 and my course finishes up on 17-Jan-16, does that mean my visa is valid to travel internally within China up until the 3-Mar-16 (179 days from my initial arrival date)? Or do i have to leave the country after my course finishes as my Visa is only valid for the dates i am enrolled at uni?

5) Extending my visa - My CSC scholarship is only for the fall semester and i'm toying with the idea of doing another semester albeit paying my own way. Has anyone had any experience in extending a visa? Do i need to enrol first and get my admission letter as well as the prefilled JW201/202 form from the university before applying for an X1/X2 visa?

post-61068-0-85436400-1438755093_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a simmilar X2 Visa question. I am already in China on an X2 single entry, but I would like to visit my fiance in Korea. Does anyone here know if it is possible to apply for a multiple entry once in the country? When I lived in Japan this was quite easy to do with my Japanese visa, but I understand that China is quite strict.