Chinese-Forums

Travel after the semester

gabri95

• New Members

Hi there.

I am going to study in BLCU for at least 1 year. I understand that I must go to the local police to receive a residence permit. However, I would like to travel around China for about 3 weeks with my parents after the university semester ends on 21. July 2016. Does anyone know if that's possible and how long the residence permit is valid? Do I have to prepare any documents beforehand if I want to stay in China after the semester ends?

Thanks in advance.

The residency permit will end at the end of the month. You should probably prepare to apply for a tourist visa or something, or do a hong kong visa run, that's what my roommate ended up having to do.

P.S. The official calendar says that July 21 is the last day, but honestly it depends on when your last final is and whether or not you need to retake exams. For instance, My exams were finished by July 7th, which gave me plenty of time after to do all the traveling I wanted.