Chinese-Forums

In need of Grade 7-10 Chinese Math Problems

Aiden5

I'm sorry if I placed this in the wrong forum, but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it.

So I've been looking all over the internet to find Chinese-level math problems for grades 7 through 10, but couldn't find a single good site. I remember my friend, who was a former resident of Binzhou, showing me a Chinese-level math problem for his grade. Unfortunately, knowing QQ, the message was deleted after a while. I'm hoping that these math problems help me to progress to become a better "competitior" in my future university

Actually, the kind of questions given in China are different to those in the UK. China tends to focus on complicated theoretical questions, whereas UK maths is more practical.

Also, it is often said that maths in Chinese schools is much harder than in the west. But does this necessarily mean that Chinese people are better at maths? It is not unusual to be scoring 100% in maths exams in UK schools. How many Chinese students get 100% in their exams? One must not look at just the difficulty of the questions, but also the attainment of the students.

Also, it is often said that maths in Chinese schools is much harder than in the west. But does this necessarily mean that Chinese people are better at maths? It is not unusual to be scoring 100% in maths exams in UK schools. How many Chinese students get 100% in their exams? One must not look at just the difficulty of the questions, but also the attainment of the students.

Getting a better score doesn't mean much if the tests are easier.

I don't know much about the math levels in UK schools, but I know that math levels in the US are far below China's. I went through first half of 6th grade in China and 6th grade and onward in the US. The US math classes in were certainly much, much easier than the math classes I had in China. Tests in China, even in elementary school, had a lot more trick or non-obvious questions. When I first arrived in the US, I would finish almost every exam that were designed for an entire 50-minute class period in about 10 minutes, usually with perfect score. Back in China, I was a good student in my elementary school class. But in the US, I felt years ahead of my classmates. The gap is very real. It's one reason why most science and engineering PhD programs in the US (and the UK, as well, I heard) are filled with students from China.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...