Chinese-Forums

my visa application rejected, the consulate itself doesnot know why !plssssssssss help

wessamsheta2000

hello all,

I am egyptian business man, and I already got chinese visa (L) 3 times before with no problems at all in chinese consulate in Alexandria, Egypt.

Last time I renewed my passport and took all the usual supported documents with my old passport of course (in it all the previous visas), and make a request to receive it in the same day.

when I went to get my visa, they told me that we can't give you the visa, they told me that your passport (new one) is not accepted by the device !!!!!!!

I told them why this device can't accept my passport, they have no answer, they have nothing to tell.

so I told them I have to go to china for urgent work by thousands, they told me you can go and try in the main chinese embassy in cairo.

but ofcourse I am very worried, I am sure that there is something wrong in their process, is anybody heard or expose to this problem before, pls tell me what he did.

I suppose to travel to hongkong first to attend an exhibition and then get into shenzhen & ghwanzhou.

pls helpppppppppppppp 

I don't know what you mean by "not accepted by the device."

However, Egyptian passports now have an electronic chip that contains your photo and other information. Since this is a new passport, perhaps there's some sort of defect with the chip, and the consulate's machine cannot read it. Sort of like an ATM card that gets rejected because the chip is bad or damaged.

This is just a possibility, of course. But if the chip is in fact bad, they certainly would not issue you a visa; you'd have to have the passport replaced.

thank you for the reply

may be you are right, i don't now, but this is a low probability but ofcourse it is a probability

but you don't have any other suggestions about what could be the problem than this.

or you don't have any other solutions either than replace the passport because if i returned the passport to egyptian authority, they may can believe that reason, and they may told me that the passport is alright 

really i don't know, what can i do, if i should try in cairo embassy or even in hongkong as well or will it be a waste of time

and i have also an interview for the US visa next week, will wait to see what's they gonna tell me

but are there any other person face this problem before ever

and thanks any way

Well, the US will try to read the chip too, and if they have a problem as well, then you will have no choice but to get a new passport, however difficult that might be. If the US does have a problem, ask them for a letter which you can show to the Egyptian passport office.

Moreover, chinese consulate told me that my papers are all ok and accepted but when entering the passport in the system /or device, it is rejected.

unfortunately, most of the egyptian passports now are with chips, so chinese consulate has passed with these kind of passports a lot of time, which lead to that either something wrong with my passport or a bug in the device against my passport only (my luck)

any way, I think I have to go tomorrow and pass by the egyptian authority to check for my passport there, and ask them about what happens with me, suppose that they have a way to check the passport chips working or not.

wish me luck.

the strange in this subject that the passport is brand new, i receive it and put it in drawer and didin't like wash it or expose it to sun or else, like many cases i heard here in many forums.

and pls if any one face this situation before, pls advice, how he deal with it, or it is just me in all over the world.

you know, 
I download about 3 application on my mobile like NFC readers, clown, NFC retag and they all succeed in reading the bottom part of my passport but then they try to download something for a long time till i closed them, so i don't know if the application not matched with egyptian passports or some thing wrong with my passport.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all

update the issue

I went to egyptian authority to check my passport, and as expected it is all ok, no problem in or what so ever

any way i went to chinese embassy in cairo and told them what i have faced in alexandria consulate, they tell me apply and we will see

so i applied and the same problem shown again, when they look after it, they discover that it is recorded that i extended my staying in china than what permitted to me, which ofcourse didn't happen, my maximum stay in china in my 3 times was 3 days maximum, so i show the stamps in my passport of entrance and exit and they convinced that something wrong, but they told me that all they can do give to me a visa 30 days only staying in china with single entry which is more than i want, so i accept it, and no problem for me

but this tell us that mistakes shall happen

and thanks god because this trip is very important to me

• Like 1

Actually, that's very interesting and very important information.

I gather that if there's a mistake and the computer doesn't register your exit, then you may well have a problem the next time you enter China or try to get a visa. That means it's important to make sure you get a stamp in your passport when you enter/exit, and to keep that passport until it's clear there's no problem. In your case, you were fortunate that you still had your old passport with the stamps. If it had been stolen or lost, you might have faced much more difficulty.

And since it's possible the same question may arise when you enter China, you must also take your old passport with the stamps to China on this visit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • New Members

Sir, It may be the case that your visa was denied if you had entered china for more than 6 months total in one year

The embassy doesn't scan any chips or passports. Your application is decided by the authorities in the mainland. The consular staff make no final decisions, they just decide what kind of visa to issue you and for how long, once the mainland side authorities permit the visa to be given.

you are right 889, as I have to carry the old passport (includes all the entry / exit stamps) in my next trip to avoid any problem while entering china.

For boblanza, the longest period i stayed in china in the 3 times i went there, it was 3 days, and all the three times entries / exits are supported by clear stamps.

It is now solved but it is very silly mistake, and thanks god it has been solved for my business there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

the chinese embassy government ,they have right to refuse the foreigners visa ,they will not tell you why refused ,maybe based on that you have many china visa record before ,or maybe because of some countries problem,this is just like why some foriengers country passport can not get the one year visa from hk ,the one year visa will be issued from usa or from some of other countries ,but can not issue from the govenment in hk .