Chinese-Forums

Any advice on how to pass the TOCFL Level 6 in two months?

Milkybar_Kid

Hi,

I passed the TOCFL level 5 some time ago and now I would like to punish myself even further by going in for the level 6 test. Bearing in mind this is the highest level they do, it's going to be quite the challenge.

I sat a practice test yesterday and failed miserably with 58%. The areas that stumped me were the questions about subjects that I have no interest in such as nature, the environment and the solar system. I guess that I need to do a lot more reading and listening to materials about topics that I have no interest in. Raspberry.gif

The test is due to be held some time towards the end of November; which gives me a little over two months to prepare.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how I could prepare to hope to scrape by with a pass?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I sat a practice test yesterday and failed miserably with 58%.

You should take the pilot test offered in early October. Registration for the test is still open. Based on that test, you'll have a great idea how likely you are to pass the actual test.

The test is due to be held some time towards the end of November

It's usually offered in the beginning of November, as well as early May.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how I could prepare to hope to scrape by with a pass?

Having taken the TOCFL myself, if you are only passing with 58% right now, then you're unlikely to be able to pass level 6 with only two more months of study.

I guess that I need to do a lot more reading and listening to materials about topics that I have no interest in. Raspberry.gif

This. Passing level 6 means you are fluent in the language and approaching native-level proficiency. The only way to reach that level is through listening and reading a huge quantity of material - just as a native would have done in the course of their regular life. Which you can't cram into two months of study.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I took the practice test today. Once again I only passed with a level 5. I don't think I stand a chance of being ready to pass the level 6 in just under a month. Therefore I'm just going to save my NT$1600 until next year when I hope I'll be ready to pass the level 6.

• Like 1