Chinese-Forums

Z Visa Forms Needed-Recommendation Letter

Persian316

Hello everyone,

Long story short, I had to quit working at a training school due to a knee issue. I asked for some time off to do physical therapy, they refused, then asked me to quit. A day after I quit, they cancelled my Foreign Expert's Certificate and Residence Permit. I'm now on a 30 day travel visa. I plan to go to Seoul to get a 3-month or 1-year travel visa while I continue my therapy and look for a new job.

Anyway, the problem is that they refused to give me a recommendation letter (推荐信). They gave me a release letter (basically saying that I quit), and the Expert certficate cancellation number. I've asked around and most people say that this recommendation letter is necessary to apply for a new Z visa and/or Foreign Experts certificate. However, a Chinese friend checked it up on Baidu and said that this Rec letter can be from your new employer.

Does anyone know if this form is needed by the government or not?

Thanks in advance

should be able to apply for a tourist visa at any Embassy or Consulate

I got a China tourist visa in Seoul way back when (2005 or 2006.) But the  last I heard, one could no longer apply directly if one wasn't a resident of Korea. If foreign, one had to have a valid ARC (Alien Registration Card.)

One had to either apply through a designated travel agent or as part of a group. Might not really pose a problem today except for adding a little to the expense.

I have not been following this issue closely and could be mistaken; but would suggest you double-check to be sure.

I have an American friend who, while in Hungary, asked about applying for a Z-visa to China. He was told he'd have to go back to the states to get one. So I wonder if your trip to Korea will just be an extra plane ticket on top of the one back home for the eventual Z-visa.

• Like 1

Hey,

I found the answer to the travel visa in Korea situation. My American friend in Seoul asked the Chinese Embassy about this and they emailed him the following. Keep in mind, this only applies to Americans:

This is seoul square Chinese visa center.

The regulation of chinese visa for USA has been changed.

Tourist visa is valid for 10years, multipul entry and each entry you can stay for 60days in china.

< Tourist visa (L visa) >

Please prepare for the following documents

1. (at least 1year valid) Passport original and copy  (Because of the chinese visa validity is 10 years )

2. one photo (ID picture)

3. Fill out the Application form 

4. Copy of your korea entry stamp on your passport within 3 months OR (If you have) Alien Registration card(ARC) original and copy of both side (You have to prove your legal stay in korea.) 

5. Round Trip Ticket ( From Korea To China - final destination) 

6. Hotel Voucher ( Make a reservation under your name)

7. Travel Itinerary (The dates and tourist attractions)

* If you want to stay at your friend's place in china , 

You need to prepare for the following documents instead of No. 5,6,7 documents

1.  Invitation Letter of individual issued by your friend.

(Your friend has to write this. Please check the invitation letter sample that we sent you.)

2. If your friend is working or studying in china as a foreigner,

copy of your friend's passport and residence visa  (It has at least 3months)

If your friend is Chinese: photocopy of your friend's Chinese identification the front and backside.

• Like 1