Chinese-Forums

HSK Standard Course 4

giulialta

• New Members

Hi All!

I am currently studying for HSK 4 and bought from Beijing Language and cultural university called HSK Standard course 4 (total 4 books: 2 course books and 2 workbooks)

http://www.blcup.com/EnPInfo/index/7663#001

Unfortunately I just realized the book has no solutions to the exercises and I cannot find any online resource or teacher's book that could have solutions.

Anyone using the same book who had similar issue?

Thanks!

I've had that issue with a different book. I was planning to use this just for self study but now I go through the exercises with my online tutor. I get immediate, personalised feedback on what I'm doing and explanations of anything I don't understand. However, it is more expensive than just having the answers there to check for you...

• New Members

Hi there! Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually that's what I am doing now, but it is not as easy as having the answers of the exercises and I find it so strange that the book doesn't provide answers...I cannot find the teacher's version if the book either :-/

• New Members

If you are studying by yourself, most textbooks written in China are pretty useless. That is because the Chinese have a completely different concept of education than in the West. In China you are TAUGHT by a TEACHER. Your job is to absorb what the teacher says. Chinese textbooks are written with the teacher in mind, not the student. You will come across even elementary textbooks in which the explanations are in characters. I have a little HSK 4 vocabulary in front of me. It gives the character, pinyin and English translation, then several example sentences just in characters. If I could read the sentences, I wouldn't need the book. This is quite normal for Chinese textbooks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • New Members

I checked your link and in fact the solutions are on the website!!!

In case anyone had the same issue, the answers are available after login, so you need to create an account (very quick).

THANKS A LOT Alexjo for the hint!!!!! Finally I don't need to annoy my chinese friends anymore to have them check my answers!!! ;)

• 8 months later...
  • New Members

I found the script and answers for the listening questions on the blcup website (thanks to this thread), but can't find the answers to the reading and writing sections. Does anyone know where to find them? I had a quick look at the online preview of the teacher's guide but I can't tell if the answers are in it; don't want to buy it unless I'm sure it has the answers. I'm studying HSK Standard Course 3. Really frustrating as I'm studying by myself! Thanks for your help.

• 4 years later...
  • New Members

hello, i've been looking for the scripts in tha page of blcup, but I can't find them, does anybody know if they aren't there anymore or help me to find it? there's a lot of books and resources, I don't know which one, and the teacher's book isn't there