Chinese-Forums

Consecutive Tourist (L) Visas possible?

spiff

Has anyone applied for/received consecutive L visas as a way of staying in China long term (say, 1 year+)? I recently ended a period of teaching in China on a work visa but didn't want to continue in that position. After a break visiting family abroad, I'm returning on a tourist visa to look for another job. While I'm looking I'll pick up casual teaching and online work, but if this takes longer than however than the term of my visa (still waiting on that), I may have to do a visa run to HK or a neighbouring country and apply for another tourist visa. Has anyone done this, particularly multiple times? Are you at risk of having your application denied and being unable to re-enter China?

'

Get a work visa ASAP.  You can be denied entry for any reason, or no reason.  Just because you have a visa doesn't mean the officer has to let you enter China.  The days of endless repeats on dodgy visas are over.  If you want to stay on a dodgy visa, get an agent to help you.  There are lots in Guangzhou and Shenzhen that help all countries, but they ain't cheap.  ¥7000+ for a one year M visa with 90 day stay is what I saw.

• Like 2

Fair enough. I didn't know agencies could help you get an M visa, but as you say, pretty expensive. I'm hoping to avoid continuing down the ever-renewed study visa route, but getting a work visa (for non-teaching positions) isn't that easy either.