Chinese-Forums

Entering before listed Z Visa date?

Nickeldorf

Hello, N00bie here and I just have a quick question.  I apologize if this has already been answered.

Tomorrow I will pick up my Z visa from the consulate.  I have applied to enter the PRC on 7/10/2015.  I have booked a flight that arrives in China on 30/9/2015.   My employer will not be ready for me before 4/10/2015, so I was planning on hanging out a little bit in Beijing before I begin working.  However, I have no intention or desire to break any PRC laws should I rebook my flight for a later date?

Thanks.

No problem - if you Google up an image of a Z visa, you'll see they're valid for entry* for three months from issue (ie, when they put the sticker in your passport). There's no other restriction on when you can enter.

*once you enter you start a 30 day clock ticking - that's how long you have to get your residence permit. Make sure your employer knows your date of entry, and how long they have to get the residence permit for you.