Chinese-Forums

About buying a tea set and what does it say?

abcdefg

You're welcome, @889. That sounds right, though I still cannot find the original pocket-size notebook I took on that trip where I scribbled it down. Remember riding a bus up from Nanchang and staying in a small Jingdezhen hotel. But the details have become blurry since it was 2013, and I've been to lots of places since then.

While we are on the subject of these smaller, less famous villages that are next door to spots where famous pottery is sold, let me add 丁蜀镇 。 It's on the west side of Lake Tai 太湖 about half an hour south of Yixing 宜兴 between the G25 and the G104 and is a similar place to find good deals on  紫砂。A little off the main tourist trail, though there are plenty of 面包车 or taxis to take you there. 

And even in Jianshui, most pottery 紫陶 is sold in the Old Town 古镇 from pretty shops on those cobblestone streets. But it's actually made in an ugly small suburb 45 minutes to the northwest of the city. I couldn't find a bus and wound up hiring a taxi to take me and then pick me up again when I phoned the driver at the end of the day. (Will try to remember the name and come back to supply it.)

----------------------------

Edit: It is 碗窑村。

My lady friend came over this afternoon. I asked her to help me redo a few illustrations that were clumsy for me when one hand had to hold the camera. Here they are.

post-20301-0-27415400-1444050644_thumb.jpg  post-20301-0-73409500-1444050669_thumb.jpg  post-20301-0-46771600-1444050681_thumb.jpg  post-20301-0-07729300-1444050696_thumb.jpg