Chinese-Forums

Official HSK textbooks

studychinese

Oh! I haven't seen these before, but I am eager to at least flip through them. I am prepping for HSK 5级 now.

I wonder where I could come across those books here in Jolly Old Beijing.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Only up to level four were published of that series book when I was in China few months ago. I dunno if they are okay but I saw some students using it.

I am afraid some students will only use this book in learning Chinese which will not help them that much in learning how to speak the language.

BLCU Press, so I'd assume they'll be at the BLCU bookshop (does BLCU still have a bookshop? Must do) but I'd be surprised if they're not at the bookshops on Wangfujing. 

Is this THE official set, or AN official set - I can see Hanban happily approving books from a number of publishers. 

• Like 1

BLCU does still have a bookshop. Actually they just opened a new one in a new(er?) building right near the South main gate on Chengfu Lu. For a Chinese university, it's a pretty good bookstore and it looks nice. I'll have to head up there in the next week or so and look for those books.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• New Members

Hey all! I am using this book for studying for HSK4, I bought it at BLCU bookstore.

I studied until chapter 8 of first book...I like the texts and the exercises BUT the workbook has no solutions... So I have to always ask my teacher to check my exercises (which basically requires her to do them over). I could not find the book with solutions to the exercises. 

Did any of you find where the solutions to the exercises of the workbook are?

I think the book is great, but having no solutions was a problem for me. :-)

• Like 1

Yeah, not having the answers to the questions would be a problem for me as well.

I am using a set of books from Peking University Press and they are good for me for now.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

My C.I. bought one copy each of HSK Standard Course 4上 and 4下, 5上 and 5下. I read it for HSK level 4 exams. For me that's the best textbook for HSK exams. I want to know where to buy this textbook in Beijing. I need to buy my own copies to study for level 5 and 6.

Guys do you think I can get them at BLCU bookstore?

• 4 months later...

The transcriptions and solutions for standard course book and workbook are present at

1) BLCUP site (BEIJING LANGUAGE AND CULTURE UNIVERSITY PRESS) after registration and a search path at Home>Chinese Language > Resource Center> Students >Textbook Resources >Reference Answers. For example look at http://www.blcup.com/EnRes/ResList/index/24?pid=1&_type=&sn=standard&lx=1#001 

2) at purpleculture site (paying) at https://www.hskstandardcourse.com/ (for example Recording Script and Reference Answers for HSK Standard Course 2 Workbook in PDF), like at http://www.purpleculture.net/reference-answers-for-exercises-in-hsk-standard-course-1-textbook-in-pdf-p-23701/ there are also ready to print flashcards, like in https://www.hskstandardcourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/HSK_Standard_Course_1_FlashCards.pdf

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

I have these textbooks for 1, 2 and 3. 4, 5 and 6 (4 definitely has 2 textbooks, I presume 5 and 6 do too but not entirely sure) are all available too in Shanghai bookstores. When I was looking for HSK textbooks in Shanghai bookstores these seemed the mostly user friendly ones around. Some parts are more class orientated (speaking in pairs, asking classmates questions, etc) but I use them with my language partner and self study fine.