Chinese-Forums

Online Mandarin Master's Degree

arialblack14

Well, perhaps an online course might be somewhat easier, as there should be a lot of pre-recorded or written material, and possibly you could record the live classes if there are any.

So you could rewind, review the material with a tutor if needed or whatever.

But that would require a huge amount of time and master's degrees in China are long enough already...

Plus if I understood correctly from kdavid's thread you have to publish papers etc...

Anyway. For advanced Chinese language learning, but not masters degree, I found this Xiamen Daxue website:

http://oecc.xmuoec.com/

They have 商务汉语 and 汉语言文学 associate degree and undergraduate degree, requiring 汉语熟练 whatever that means in terms of HSK.

(This was from a 远程硕士 google search but obviously I have yet to find an actual 硕士 program.)

Flickserve, you are absolutely right, but i was thinking that such an immersion into the language would help greatly.

Ofcourse, some friends of mine who are studying onsite find it very hard already (especially the first 4~5 months), let alone taking an online one (and not having Chinese for communication in everyday life).

Furthermore, in my country, in order to accept a degree in Chinese proficiency, it has to be from a chinese university...

P.S. All very helpful links, big thanks.