Chinese-Forums

shares of the company vs shares in the capital of the company

Kenny同志

Whether a single director has the authority to sign such an agreement is an issue of internal company rule. It is possible that the internal company rules require the entire board to agree (via a board resolution) before the company could sign such an agreement.

There is a concept called "apparent authority", whether it is reasonable given all the facts and circumstances to assume that the person signing the document has the authority to sign (regardless of internal company rules). If it is reasonable, then the signature should be binding on the company. To an outside third party, it is probably reasonable to assume that the director does have authority to sign. If there is doubt, it would be safer to ask for a board resolution agreeing to the agreement.

• Like 1

I know you are a professional, Gato. Thanks for the information.

Re the previous question: I had never known 'less' could serve as a preposition meaning minus until I consulted my Oxford Advanced Learner's English-Chinese Dictionary! Now when I look at that sentence again, with the new knowledge, it is instantly clear what the sentence says.