Chinese-Forums

Chinese migration to Europe in the first half of 20th century

xh207hi

Hello,

I am interested in the history of Chinese who appeared in Europe in 20s/30s, generally before Second World War. I need to do a little query in order to know if there is sufficient info on it to write a thesis. To be honest, I don't know much about it so far. I know about few migrant waves, about Cantonese mostly going to Great Britain and Zhejiangese settle in almost everywhere else in Europe where Chinese ever went, but no details...

I know there has been a lot of info about France because of the communist leaders who studied there (they didn't settle though, and that's what I'm most interested in), maybe England or Germany, but is there anything more about Eastern Europe? I'm particularly interested in this area, although I noticed a significant lack of info...

Before suggesting searching cnki, I would kindly ask you to suggest any materials that you know for sure that exist. 

I'm sorry for my crappy English, hope I am understood.

There was some I know of. I was wondering if there exist any records about it though. I know there is something about Czech Republic, there was an early organization called the Association of Chinese Business (捷克华人工商业者协会), but that's basically all I know about Chinese organizing in this area. 

Thank you for the link~