Chinese-Forums

Long Term Visa

iminzhuhai

Hello,

arriving in china today. I come on a single entry 30 day visa.

Now I would like to stay 6-12 month though, I will be in Zhuhai. 

Nationality is German, first China Visa I have.

Anyone can help how to get that? Im not employed at any company.

Zhuhai is close to Hong Kong. You might be able to get one there (in HK.) Doubt you can get a one-year tourist visa, though you can probably get 90 days. The thing to do would be to contact one or two Hong Kong visa agent's and ask.

Don't bother asking the consulate (Chinese consulate in Hong Kong.) They will tell you to return to your home country.

------------------------

ETA (edited to add) -- This one is reliable and frequently helpful in the context of such requests: (Foreverbright Travel)

http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk/

They told me only 30 or 60 days :(.

I really want to stay longer and heard many people without beeing able to be able to get business visa still do it.

Im kinda desperate, given I would like to find an apartment, but want my visa stuff be done before.

Would be really awesome if someone could help me. I would also do a chinese class or even apply for uni or something maybe. Dont want to go to uni tho :P.

Thanks anyway, any help greatly aprectiated!!!!

They told me only 30 or 60 days.

Too bad. Is this what a couple of HK visa agents said when you called them?

Zhuhai has several universities, but I don't think it has any private language schools that can grant study visas. (I lived there once several years ago.)

Could you get a job teaching? (English or German) That might be one avenue to explore.

I don't really have anything to add.

You might check the "Hong Kong Visa" thread here on the forum. Some people on that thread know more than I do since I don't follow the topic closely. (My visa is all worked out and I don't have to deal with it very often. I have a 10-year tourist visa, issued in the US.)

You might be somewhat limited by the fact that you are currently on your first visa and don't have a long-established track record with the Chinese visa authorities.

you can't fake working because in order to get a working visa you need a company to sponsor your application. Unless you have bunches of money to make them fake employ you, they are unlikely to go through the formalities for nothing...

I think there was also a visa for investors, if you have the money.

get married to a local and get a spousal visa?

what are you going to do in zhuhai actually?

re: university, it doesn't have to be a degree program. There are some Chinese language programs, usually 20hrs a week.

only it's a bit late for the fall semester and a bit early for the spring semester now.

Some unis also have 1 on 1, perhaps look into that.

The only option I can see is to regularly go to Hong Kong and get new tourist visas. How often that works I dont know (let us know on here in case you find out).

What are you going to do in Zhuhai? Like most countries, to be in China long term you need to be doing something there, usually either be a student or work. You can sign up with a university to get a visa and then not go, it is a bit of a waste of money though I would say and if you are planning to stay in China for longer, learning Mandarin might be a good idea anyways?

Thanks. Doing something online and thought I stay in china a bit, but everything seems super difficult, so I might just leave and go somewhere else.

Is it true that its very very tough to get a bankwire from chinese bank to foreign bank?

Could people use bitcoins to get money out of china?

#9 -- @Flickserve --

Can going to Macau also serve the purpose of getting a new tourist visa?

Yes. I've done it many times. Assuming you mean a new visa stamp, not an entirely new visa.

#10 -- @iminzhuhai --

Is it true that its very very tough to get a bankwire from chinese bank to foreign bank?

Not if it's a major bank and you have an account there. I do it from BOC.