Chinese-Forums

Workplace in China, Employment contract overseas

Sarevok

I already have some Z visas and work-related residence permits in my passport and I am familiar with the process of obtaining these (in Beijing and couple of other places) when working for Chinese companies.

But what if I were to sign a new employment contract overseas (in my home country), got my salary paid (and taxed) from over there, but required to be in China 90+% of the time? What kind of visa would I have to apply for?

Are long-term multiple-entry F/M visas available for these purposes? If so, is the duration of one stay limited somehow on these visas? The idea is that I would be travelling back home every 3-4 months and stay for a few weeks (so a multi-entry visa with 30/60 days limit on one stay is a no-go).

It is a managerial position in international trade, including visiting and negotiation with company's clients and suppliers (so not just an online work done from home, where nobody cares about the visa).

Would it be possible to do this on a spouse visa (which I can get quite easily)? Since the contract would be signed outside of China, taxes paid outside of China, I assume it shouldn't be anything illegal... but I don't know what's the authorities view on this.