Chinese-Forums

Going to Macau Before Qingdao

rayne

I got a job offer in Qingdao and my employer is working on my documents so I can get my visa. 

I should get my visa by the end of December or the beginning of January.

I am going on a short trip to Hong Kong (3 days) and then Macau (1 day)  in the middle of January.

Then, in the beginning of March, I will go to Qingdao.

I hold a Canadian passport so I do not need a visa for Hong Kong if I stay less than 90 days and do not need a visa for Macau if I stay for less than 30 days. 

I'm just wondering if I would run into any problems if I have a Z-visa on my passport when I visit Hong Kong and Macau? 

When I get to Qingdao (Mainland China), I am supposed to register for my residence permit within 30 days, I believe. And I only get one entry on my Z-visa (I only get multiple entry after getting the residence permit). 

So I know Hong Kong most definitely wouldn't count as Mainland China but would Macau? If I go to Macau would they stamp my Z-visa as one entry and then I can't go back to Mainland China on that visa? 

Thanks =]

I'm just wondering if I would run into any problems if I have a Z-visa on my passport when I visit Hong Kong and Macau?

No problem with doing that. They are both considered "foreign countries" for visa purposes. Won't affect your China (Mainland) visa. You will still have the original number of valid China Mainland entries.