Chinese-Forums

一个勺子 A Fool - Film on currently at cinema. Completely baffled watching

GotJack

So I went to see a film yesterday at the cinema over here in China, called 一个勺子 (A fool) and I completely didn't get what happened. The film had english subtitles , so i understood all of whats being said. Its just it was the strangest plot I've ever seen. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it and cares to explain what the hell happened in it?

Discussing with my Chinese friend today, I wondered if the plot was so ungraspable so as to render the audience feel stupid and in doing so be to relate to the main character of the plot - 'the fool'

Yeah 一个勺子 means 'a fool' or at least thats what the subtitles and my Chinese friends told me. 

And Geiko I read the blurb from IMDB but alas no light. Its not really that i don't understand what goes on in the film, as such a plotline wouldn't necessarily help here. I'm more looking for an explanation of what the film is alluding too. Like I say it had subtitles, so I could understand the progression of events. I just came away from the film with no idea what the story was meant too convey, or why events had happened as they did.

Would be cool to hear if anyone else has seen it and what they took from the film.

• 2 weeks later...