Chinese-Forums

one entry visa combined with 5-day Shenzhen visa?

jossan

• New Members

Hi everyone.

I had a question regarding applying for a 5-day Shenzhen visa at the border in Hong kong.
I will start my trip in Hong Kong to then spend 2 nights in Shenzhen, then I will go back to Hong Kong to then enter Shenzhen again and stay for 6 nights. Consequently, I will need a two entry visa. The problem is that I already have a one entry tourist visa for china.

My question is then, would it be possible for me to enter china the first time with a 5 day Shenzhen visa, and then the second time use my one entry visa?
​Would they really give me a 5-day Shenzhen visa, when I already have an existing visa with one entry left in my passport?

Would be so greatful if someone had any ideas on this, or maybe have heard of someone that has experienced it.

Many thanks for any thought.

Josephine

I'm not certain, but I believe China follows a rule permitting only one valid visa at a time in your passport, so on your first entry your existing visa would normally be used.

(If transiting at an airport you can ask for a landing permit and not use up your existing visa, but that's because transit involves a landing permit, not a new visa.)

But to repeat, I am not certain of this.

• Like 1

@889 is correct.

My question is then, would it be possible for me to enter china the first time with a 5 day Shenzhen visa, and then the second time use my one entry visa?

No, that won't work.

Would they really give me a 5-day Shenzhen visa, when I already have an existing visa with one entry left in my passport?

No, they won't do that.

You need to consolidate your two Shenzhen visits, such that you only enter Shenzhen once.