Chinese-Forums

Master's Degree in Chinese From A Hong Kong University

jobm

Hello guys~ I would just like to ask if anyone of you has studied in a Hong Kong university? 

I am planning to go to Mainland for a master's degree in Chinese philology (汉语言文字学) but my friend who is now currently studying in Beijing tells me not to pursue it, or else I would be disappointed. She told me, do not ever go there if I still value my education. HAHAHA. So, I checked on some universities in Hong Kong and found out the program of the City University of Hong Kong to be interesting. Has anyone from this forum studied a Chinese language degree in Hong Kong? How was the experience? :D 

• Like 1

I *think* Takeshi - pretty sure he was doing something post grad at CUHK, and I think it was something Chinese language related. Maybe send him a pm asking him to post in here if possible. If you don't hear from him by after Christmas let me know and I'll send him an email. Maybe also have a look through his old posts too. 

I suspect someone in Hong Kong would tell you the same about Beijing. (edit: sorry, misread your post, thought your friend was telling you to avoid Hong Kong, not the mainland)