Chinese-Forums

We’ve made Anki flashcard decks for all character in HSK 1, 2, and 3, with two example sentences per character and native audio for all cards!

ChineseAudioFlashcards

ChineseAudioFlashcards

Hey everyone,

I’m part of the team for www.ChineseAudioFlashcards.com[1]

We've just finished making some flashcard decks that we thought the members of these forums might be interested in.

The sets are based on the HSK exam.

HSK 1 = 150 characters, 300 sentences

HSK 2 = 150 additional characters, 600 additional example sentences

HSK 3 = 300 additional characters, 600 additional example sentences

What we think is really unique and cool about these flashcards is that the example sentences are made up entirely of characters from either the current or previous HSK level!

So learning one sentence helps reinforce prior knowledge, and makes the characters you haven’t even studied yet easier.

The decks test

- Listening comprehension

- Reading comprehension

- English to Chinese translation for individual characters

We are really excited about these cards and would love any feedback you can offer. We are also planning on continuing with decks for HSK 4, 5, and 6 in the future. If you are interested send us an email using the form on our website and we will let you know once they are done! 

We are giving away the HSK 1 deck for free!

Enter the coupon code “chineseforums” to get $10 off any other deck.

Edit: it seems like some people have been having trouble finding where to download the decks after making a purchase. After completing payment with paypal click "return to ChineseAudioFlashcards.com" and it will take you to our order confirmation page where you can download the deck from the link under Order Details.

Enter the coupon code “chineseforums” to get $10 off any other deck.

Are you kidding, if someone really pays for your deck, he can share it with others for free, am I right so far?

Second, there are plenty of free HSK decks on Anki web-site, is your deck $10 better than any other free HSK deck?

Third, from my personal experience, those HSK word lists are not helpful at all, learning words from the movies, stories, dialogs, where the words are in the context, is much more productive, rather than memorizing the words, which have no connection between each other...

PS: I respect you effort and time you spent to create these decks, nonetheless the amount of money you are asking for you work is a bit overpriced...

ChineseAudioFlashcards

VideoVocabulary,

If you don't want to pay for a higher level HSK 1 is free.

We feel the pricing is fair for the quality of the product, considering that for the price of a cheap 1 hour Chinese lesson you can have a flashcards deck for 600 characters, with 1200 example sentences, written in a unique reinforcing way, by native mandarin speakers, with audio.

We have already received a lot of positive feedback and have a waiting list of people who would like to purchase these decks for higher levels.

We respect that obviously these are not what you personally are looking for.

If you don't want to pay for a higher level HSK 1 is free.

On your website it says that decks make use of Anki...

Supposing I buy a deck for HSK2 or HSK3, isn't it a *.apkg file? Can't I share it with others for free?

PS: the design of the website is mighty attractive though ))

@Video Vocabulary:

Technically I guess you could share it. Like you could share Glossika's mp3s and pdfs.

But if the deck (like Glossika) actually contains original example sentences and "native audio", i.e. copyrighted material, sharing it would be immoral and illegal. (i.e. piracy).

And explicitly forbidden by the terms of use of Chinese-Forums and Ankiweb.

@ChineseAudioFlashcards:

I am confused by the use of "characters" in you original post.

Do the cards test characters or words?

When do you intend to propose an HSK6 deck?

Edit: added "piracy" term, changed "especially" to "explicitly" + changed "Do you" to "When do you"

Maybe there are enough honest and technologically-inept people in the world to make it a viable business model. It's worth a shot, anyway. 

Would be useful is we can see at least a sample of the content - I took a look, but I'm not going through a whole registration process just to get hold of it. 

• Like 1

ChineseAudioFlashcards

edelweis

Oops, that's embarrassing. I meant to say words. The decks are based on the word lists for the HSK exams.

Roddy,

No need to register, just add HSK 1 to cart, then checkout. The name and email really only actually for people who purchase paid decks. I won't tell anyone if you enter a fake for the free dl ;)

VideoVocabulary

In the end, if people want to get something for free or give it to their friends for free then they will find a way. Wether that's by iligally downloading movies/songs/books or sharing purchased pdf's, other downloadable content, or these cards. Like I said, we hope people find the price reasonable considering the quality. But if people are going to share it with their friends there's nothing we can do to stop that, and that's something we've accepted.

• Like 1

Hi ChineseAudioFlashcards,

I like the idea of having high-quality paid Anki-decks so I checked out your free HSK flashcards. I see that a lot of work has been put into it so I do not want to critizise too harshly. However for a paid deck there are some problems:

1. Layout is too basic. Using some simple css would make the cards look so much more professional. (Especially considering how nice your website looks)
  2. The audio quality is pretty good. However it does not start consistently. Some audio-files start playing after about 2 seconds.
  3. The pinyin seems to be autogenerated. Example: 这是一只狗。
    Zhè shì yī zhǐ gǒu.
    This is a dog. (If I am not mistaken it should be zhi1)
So for me it is not at a point where I would pay money for it.
  • Like 2

7c6db1d0071c.pnge760e0c60f19.png

Example sentence, English translation and Pinyin are quite common for the most of the HSK vocabulary lists.

What makes your decks different from other HSK based decks available on Anki website?

Wish you can enhance it by adding more digital information that we can't find in the books, as @HerrPetersen said above, Anki provides enough tools to make your decks more creative and unique.

ChineseAudioFlashcards

Video vocabulary,

The example sentences in our decks are made up of only words within the current or previous HSK levels. So each sentence card you learn is reinforcing knowledge of previously learned characters. To our knowledge there is no other anki deck that systematically advances through HSK vocab in this way.

@ChineseAudioFlashcards

SpoonFedChinese deck actually does this. The person simply took all the sentences from other people's decks that also include native audio and organized them according to HSK level of the characters in the deck. End result: a deck that uses sentences with native audio that builds on itself via vocabulary you have studied previously. It is different in that it focuses on sentences rather than single words, which for me is more fruitful.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...