Chinese-Forums

Worthy of Blacklist?

Columbus

So I signed a contract with a school and they're sending my visa invitation letter now. What happens if I reject the invitation at this point?  I'd offer to pay them back for the shipping fees, and I'm fairly certain the ties with that department/school would be severed, but would I risk anything bigger like a Blacklist status?  

I want to return to China someday, just not right now, so I don't want to sabotage myself.

Probably won't be blacklisted, but offering to pay the postage and the office/processing fees for the documents themselves can't hurt your cause. 

Also always be polite to them and give realistic sounding reasons why you suddenly can't go.

• Like 1

Offer to pay the postage, they will be angry (understandably), but I do not think this will have any negative consequences in the future for you (except that this school will probably not hire you again). From a PSB point of view, anyone is allowed to apply for visa documents and then not get the visa. You are not required to get that visa if you dont want it

• 3 months later...