Chinese-Forums

Timing issue - PSB (RES PERM) - International flight

Styley

Dear CF,

Situation: Getting a Residence Permit and a Work Permit. Entered China on 2015.12.17 (Z-Visa) and need to convert to Residence Permit in 30 days.

Currently: Processing Work Permit, expecting to receive Work Permit and passport back on 2016.01.08.

Next step would be: Residence Permit application - The earliest this can be applied for is on 2016.01.11, takes 7 working days?. Could receive Temporary Residence Permit on 2016.01.19.

Problem: International flight on 2016.01.15 - this date can not change. Expecting to return to China on 2016.01.22.

Contacting consulates and government departments did not give me any useful information.

What can be done? Can I leave the country with a Work Permit in hand and re-enter to finish the Residence Permit application? (Perhaps with a new Z-visa)

During that time I would have passed the 30-day convertion period of the original Z-visa but have a new 30-day period for the new Z-visa upon re-entry. Is this even possible?

Any help from you knowledgeable people is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

I am not so sure you've got your steps (or the names) right. By work permit do you mean the Foreign expert cert or Alien employment license (as per Roddy above) or do you mean the 'residence permit' in your passport (that would state you're here in China for work on it).

Do you mean a temporary residence permit (white paper) or residence permit (in your passport)?

If you arrived on a Z and are on the way to a residence permit (in your passport) could you leave and re-enter on it? Then do any other stuff when you get back? Might be worth asking your employer.

Thanks for all feedback so far. I have edited the original post to clear things up.

Basically, I have received all documents needed in order to apply for a Residence Permit (in passport I assume?)

The Z-Visa I used is a 'zero'-entry visa meaning you enter once then need to convert it to a Residence Permit.

Conclusion: Giving up the flight, unless somebody has any other ideas?

If you have all the documents you need, go down to the PSB NOW, show them your ticket, and ask for a rush job. If they do it, great, if they don't, you're basically in the same situation you are anyway, having to miss the flight. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...