Chinese-Forums

骗子都give me go die: a career opportunity?

歐博思

Just got off the phone with a 骗子....

My motorcycle itch is back and I've been searching 58.com and ganjiwang.com for good used bikes. Unfortunately for these Craigslists of China, a lot of these sellers seem to be swindlers, such as a moment ago....

The dude was I assume a slick-talker from 湖北,恩施 via a Baidu phone number check, but central China accents are my Achilles' heel so it's hard to say what he said exactly ("fkaljsd;flkajsd;lkfja;sdkjfa;ksldjf;lkasjdf" is what I heard mostly). Not really understanding his (to me) wild accent and terrible phone reception notwithstanding, he also didn't have the "biker vibes" going which was another big red flag to me, and something that could be gleamed from his manner of speaking alone. I've not really gotten into the motorcycle world yet but this dude's only pressing passion was for money; from what I can tell most people want to help share their passion for motorcycling and help others get into it as well. So of course I told the swindler Last Year I Bought A Watch for him =* ***note and that was that.

Fortunately, my phone can auto-record phone calls--very helpful for remembering his details so I can at least sort out which advertisement he posted and report him there--but I would like to do more. I'd like to go fishing for more scammers, scum who make a living on preying on others, and really try to screw them over. Unfortunately, I don't really have a 007 skill set that could potentially bring about some repercussions for these scammer scum, but I think it'd be pretty fun to take these guys on. Who knows? Maybe helping recover lost funds could be profitable?

Just brainstorming and probably grasping at straws here. Anyone want to team up? :mrgreen:

***note: I was pretty patient before making my assessment. I was 100% sure he was a 骗子 before telling him about his new watch. Innocent bystanders be spared!

• Like 1

A lot of the 小广告 you see plastered around - for fake id docs and so on - would be a good candidate. Phone 'em up, see what the most ridiculous document they'll agree to supply is. "ID card? No problem. What's the name?"... "习,学习的习。。。"

What's the new watch thing? I suspect that's a new bit of slang I'm not au fait with. 

What's the new watch thing?

LOL, I believe what 欧博思 was talking about was '我去年买了个表', the popular Internet homonym of '我去你妈了个逼 '(f**k you, go to hell mother f**ker), both expressions share the same first letters, WQNMLGB :mrgreen: , I found it creative to say 我去年买了个表, it allows you to get your anger out without saying the dirty word

A lot of the 小广告 you see plastered around - for fake id docs and so on - would be a good candidate. Phone 'em up, see what the most ridiculous document they'll agree to supply is. "ID card? No problem. What's the name?"... "习,学习的习。。。"

I've been reading my Xu Zechen and if what he writes is true, they take a downpayment, so order frivoulous IDs at your own risk.

Ou Bosi, I wish you good luck in your endeavours. Seems to me it will be difficult and dangerous, but also time-consuming and never-ending. A 骗子 is born every minute.

Surely anyone who has tried looking for an apartment on 58.com knows that it's mostly cheats and liars on there.

I don't see the potential for any profitable venture here?  It's not like you're going to have the backing of the law: "Give me a double refund or I'll take it to the courts!", "Yeah, good luck with that".

Go all internet vigilante on him?  Human flesh search engine, find out where he lives?  Look man, people in China already have grim lives, they don't need foreigners messing with their shit.  Someone from central China whose job is 'work from home over the internet' already has been shat upon by life.  Get some perspective, please. 

"Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument."
-- Rich Burlew, author of Order of the Stick

#6: Interesting quote but it doesn't really work. Say, a murderer kills an innocent and gets locked away for a while as punishment 'to make the killer feel like garbage'. According to you we should let all killers run free? Also, who shat on them exactly?

kkisjj bingo!

Like Lu mentioned in #4, a 骗子 is born every minute. Every time a 骗子 steals ¥10000, the Zhejiang Bounty Hunters track him down, get it back, and get a ¥1000 cut. What's worse, losing ¥10000, or still having ¥9000 and sharing ¥1000 with the good samaritans who helped you get your money back? :wink:

I'm gonna put wanted posters next to those 小广告  :mrgreen:

• 5 weeks later...