Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

hello guys

in my country i was in the first year master degree, and i took 4 courses in that year and passed them  ,and now in china for starting my master after get my scholarship , i wanna know can they account my previouse courses here so i can reduce the required credits here or no ??

Hi guys, I am now preparing myself for CSC 2016 application and I have few questions regarding the application process.

1. I am still confuse whether I should apply for 1-year language program only OR continue to english-taught master degree program.

In your opinion, if I apply for both bilateral (my country's embassy) and Uni program using 2 different forms (which it mean I will make 2 accounts on CSC website), Is that will increase my chance of winning the scholarship ? or it may decrease the chance?

2. You guys who are awarded for master degree program, Did you bring your original bachelor certificate upon your registration in China? Because I am going to graduate June 2016, and the certificate will be issued around November. I hope someone could help me to answer these.

Much thanks!

@haitham ibrahim: most probably that depends on the good will of the university, like in any other country.

If you have the syllabus (course content description) and a grade report, maybe exam papers you wrote too, perhaps you can explain to your academic adviser which courses you have already taken.

THX @

edelweis for your help

hello @

mariachristyfera

i awarded CSC 2015 now in china for 2 months
i think you should take one year language , because chinese don't speak english
i heared from another guys that it will increase your chance if you make two account and it will be better if u can get acceptance from the university here and a professor

i don't know, may be u can bring transcript from ur university for your academic years accept for the last semester and u can send an email to the CSC ask them

Will i need to get the foreigner examination form before i go to China, or can i get it right off the plane? I'm planning on going 2016 semester for the 4 year degree in economics, at zhengzhou university. 

Do the recommendation letters matter? I have big name contacts from henan university, along with the leaders in the Confucius institute. 

My level is around hsk 3-4, would it matter if i had 3 vs 4? The requirement for my program is 3, and my girlfriend is in China so she can help me with my work. 

Is it common to get denied for the bilateral scholarship? Or are most people good to go with programs particularly in poorer provinces like Henan, thanks for your input!

i hope the 2016 CSC forum going to start soon ;)

Anyway, I have another question:

what is the different between general scholar, senior scholar, and chinese language student?

If I only want to learn chinese language, therefore I wil choose the chinese language student right?

@mariachristyfera 

Yes, you can just apply for the Chinese language student scholarship. You can choose between 1-2 years of language study with it. The other scholarships are irrelevant ^^

@Torreno

You must provide your high school transcripts and your most current transcripts for an undergraduate scholarship. You only have to provide your high school transcripts for the Chinese language scholarship though.

• Like 2

Hi, guys. I have a big problem here. My campus said that they can't give me a letter with expected graduation date (I am still in my last year study now). So what should I do?

Any of you guys had a problem with degree certificate like me?

Hello!

I'm planning to apply for a master's degree. My questions would be, should I just follow the application process like it is written in the first comment (Steps for direct application to universities for Post graduate applicants) or did anything change since then?

No need to contact the embassy in this case? 

Thank you!

@mariachristyfera

Yes, I'm studying in xi'an now. Doing a one year language course followed by a masters. I think that is not a particularly important part of the application.

@LaszloBalogh

I applied last year for a masters and was successful. I applied directly to the university, as I had a influential contact here, they did advise me to also contact my embassy and apply separately with them to give myself a better chance. I tried to contact the embassy but was unable to get any response (this may be because I applied close to the deadline). If you don't have a good contact with the university, I would imagine going through the embassy would be better.

@mariachristyfera

Yes, I'm studying in xi'an now. Doing a one year language course followed by a masters. I think that is not a particularly important part of the application.

@LaszloBalogh

I applied last year for a masters and was successful. I applied directly to the university, as I had a influential contact here, they did advise me to also contact my embassy and apply separately with them to give myself a better chance. I tried to contact the embassy but was unable to get any response (this may be because I applied close to the deadline). If you don't have a good contact with the university, I would imagine going through the embassy would be better.

• Like 1