Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

eternalflame,

Email is very hit or miss. I have emailed the international affairs offices of at least ten Chinese mainland universities: seven responded to my emails; I feel very lucky that they did and I think that kind of success rate is unusual.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

You could say, spending credits for phone calls is a lot cheaper than spending money for your studies. Make sure you prepare your questions ahead tho, to save your minutes during your conversation.

This is a very informative website. I encourage everyone to browse and find out what's inside:

http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/

8) 

• Like 1

chris two times,

i emailed them last month for pre admission letter and they told me to sent my documents etc via email (scanned) last week i sent them the documents and they never reply me anything. Should i emailed them again or it just means they don't want to give me the pre admisso letter? Thanks

Oh!

"Your current status:

Application has already been submitted"

Just submitted the online application and will send the hard copies and photocopies to the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC first thing tomorrow morning, 9am, Wednesday, 3-16 Beijing time. Hopefully it will all arrive on time, by working hours on April 1st in the Eastern Standard Timezone.

It's happening! I am finally making good on submitting a CSC application for one year of Chinese language study in a non-degree program after only just talking about it for more than 2 years.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Once again, good luck to all in the final push to getting those solid CSC applications in on time. May good results await you!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Regarding the earlier issue of having to leave China for a certain amount of time after the duration of the scholarship period, I did notice this on the CSC application that I printed out this afternoon:

"I hereby declare that

6. I shall return to my home country as soon as I complete my scheduled program in China and will not extend my stay without valid reasons."

Then I had to sign the application immediately after this.

So there's this, but it is of no concern to me as I would follow the letter of this, that is, I would leave China and return to my home country when my residence permit expires after the year-long program in mid-July and then come back in September on a brand new visa. Technically, that is not an extension of my stay, but rather beginning a new stay altogether.

As TyO indicated, it seems I would be good. This would ultimately be up to the discretion of the visa officer in the Chinese Consulate in New York City when applying for that new visa anyway.

Ah well, I have to GET the scholarship first before I even faintly worry about this. No matter.

Carry on, folks. Excelsior.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

No offense at all. I am already in China and most days I do hustle hard, and when it appears I am not getting something, then I step back and push forward...and then get it--China style!

Right on, brother. I am confident in my application so I shall just send it off and take it from there.

Good luck with it all. May you end up at your first choice.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Quick question for you guys. 

Does anyone know if the "Duration of Major Study" has to be exact? I can't imagine that they would expect you to know the exact days school starts and ends, so I just put estimations. On the paper application I put September 2016 to June/July 2018 (for masters program). On the online application I am putting September 15 to July 1st or something. 

Thanks!

I don't think it needs to be exact; a close ballpark figure would do.

On my application for a one-year Chinese language program, I wrote 9-1-2016 as the start date and 7-15-2017 as the end date, as I plan to arrive in Beijing on 9-1-2016 and I presume my residence permit from an X1 visa would expire on or around 7-15-2017. I also presume that most yearly programs begin in early September and conclude in early July.

I determined this by looking at several websites of my desired programs and noting what their general academic calendars are. My suggestion would be to check out your potential schools and see if they have such calendars online for you to determine that ballpark figure.

Personally, I hope to stay in China until around mid-July anyway, hence, submitting a desired end date of 7-15.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Time