Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hello!

The language requirement for an English taught program is "IELTS 6 points or above; IBT 80 points or above" is a B2 economic certificate under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) also accepted?

Thank you!

ZolooB,

I am applying for General Scholar  scholarship from Poland.

How should I fill in the two questions?

The General Scholar is for 2 years, so should I fill in from 01.09.2016 to 01.08.2018 for example?

And, as I  want to learn Chinese language, should I put yes on the question " Do You Need Elementary Chinese Study Prior  to the Major Study?"

Thank you in advance, and hope everyone of us will get a scholarship to study in China

It sounds that I may be in a similar position. I intend to apply for a scholarship for a two-year-Chinese-language-study-only program as a general scholar and I would fill in my application similarly (start date: 01.09.2016, end date: 01.08.2018).

I am emailing schools now to check that they in fact would sponsor the scholarship for Chinese language study only for two years. I have already received a response from one school that I thought would sponsor a two-year scholarship and they told me that they have only offered one-year scholarships in the past.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

mariachristyfera,

From http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070, this may answer your question:

1. Full Scholarship covers

Tuition waiver. Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students’ education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.

Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.

If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy:

undergraduate students (preppies), master’s students(general scholars): CNY 700 per month;

doctoral students (senior scholars): CNY 1000 per month.

Stipend:

Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;

Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;

Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.

Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.

Comprehensive medical insurance. (Please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua orhttp://www.campuschina.org and refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China for insurance policy.)

I will apply as a general scholar and I would be very happy to receive 3,000/month as a regular stipend. My day-to-day living means wouldn't be extravagant and I find that 3,000/month to be more than adequate and quite generous.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Torreno,

Am I the only one who gets System Error while trying to login on the online application site?

Perhaps try again in a few days after 1/1/2016 and see what happens?

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Senior Scholar seems to be someone who is more accomplished, that is at least a Master's degree holder and/or holding the position of associate professor in their own country.

A scholarship for a senior scholar seems to support someone who will do research and take a very specific set of classes to support her/his own research interests back home--the detailed program of study would be very important for this application.

That's what I've gathered senior scholar means.

For our purposes, the general scholar designation could suffice, in other words, we would just follow a general Chinese language study program for one year.

Again, this is what I've gathered and suspect. It's best to contact the CSC authorities directly to confirm this information.

be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;

be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.

The application documents required for a senior scholar scholarship are more:

4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);

This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for graduate students.

5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);

Applicants for the graduate programs or the senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.

mariachristyfera: No disrespect meant, but please check the CGS website first as a lot of your questions can be answered just by perusing the information on the website.

The above was all info that was taken from the following CGS website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3157

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Yeah, that seemed to be a problem with applicants last year; that website can be fickle, it seems. If it doesn't work the first time, then try and try again and eventually people get through, it seems.

I don't know if you will have problems with the current school certificate score. You can contact your prospective institutions to see.

Good luck with the application!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

It sounds that I may be in a similar position. I intend to apply for a scholarship for a two-year-Chinese-language-study-only program as a general scholar and I would fill in my application similarly (start date: 01.09.2016, end date: 01.08.2018).

I am emailing schools now to check that they in fact would sponsor the scholarship for Chinese language study only for two years. I have already received a response from one school that I thought would sponsor a two-year scholarship and they told me that they have only offered one-year scholarships in the past.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

I've got all the questions answered. Skimming through the forum, and most answers are there.

I just need physical examination and application is ready :)

• Like 1

And, as I  want to learn Chinese language, should I put yes on the question " Do You Need Elementary Chinese Study Prior  to the Major Study?"

I got the language scholarship last 2014 and I answered no. I think it will not matter too much because in this case they would just look on the program you are applying for which is Chinese language :D Under the "I can be taught in English" question, I even answered yes actually lol. Mine was "apply for: Chinese language student" then "disciplines: literature; majors: Chinese language"

• Like 2

• New Members

@jobm When i first applied earlier this year, I did pretty much the same thing in my application, thinking I would take a year in Chinese language study then do three years of my masters degree (spoken in chinese) in editing and publishing. However, they ended up putting me on a two year masters degree (spoken in english) in international journalism at C.U.C. instead since none of my three initial choice universities could accept me. I guess its because they also have to take into consideration the number of scholarship students that can be accommodated when they distribute them across china.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, this forum really helped with my decision, through your exciting stories, and gold advises, I decided to study chinese in Chengdu next year (this forum also helped me choosing a city) I didn't choose a university, I'm interested in two, Sichuan University and SWUFE univerity, the dorm situation will make me take a decision. anyway, back to the scholarship, I want to apply for scholarship in both those university, but I'm afraid that the decision will be negative, I have some money aside (sure, I must work on a part time job if I want to have a life there, yes I'm on a tight budget) so I'm really keen on my project, so my question is : can I be on two procedures ? the scholarship one and if it fails, will I be able to apply and pay with my money to one of the two university and make it in time? 

Also I can't access to the Eligibility page ? so I don't know if I can apply for a Chinese Language program or not.

Please and thank you.

Peace!
W

Hellooooo thank you all for you're great help. I am currently applying for the bilateral scholarship through Chinese Universities and Colleges Application Service CUCAS for an undergraduate program and I am to write a study plan but I wrote one and don't know if it is good enough any tips or key ingredients I need to add and if anyone wanna read I can send it.

So, I've got another question...

At CSC website, they said that monthly allowances for master degree students now is 3.500 RMB per month,

but when I browse the 'scholarship' page from some universities, they wrote the living allowance is 1,700 RMB per month,

although the website page has already updated.

Here is the one from Soochow University:

http://oversea.suda.edu.cn/en/index.php?m=&c=index&a=lists&catid=10

http://oversea.suda.edu.cn/en/index.php?m=&c=index&a=show&catid=10&id=1

Is there any possibilities that the university is going to give only the amount stated on their website?