Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Yeah, so I am now confuse to choose whether non-degree program or pursue master degree.

But I guess I will try both of it.

Anyway, I got another question. I am still enrolled as uni student at the time of application CSC bilateral program for Chinese Language. Therefore, from the CSC website:

2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy);

Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.

Which one should I send? My notarized high school diploma, or proof of a study from my uni?

I once called my China's embassy in my country but they're no help at all. They even ask me to just open google and search by my own.

Thanks!

• New Members

大家好, I'm planning to apply for the 1 year language student program from Toronto, Canada.
However, I'm having some troubles in preparing the application package.
​I believe @yaozilan had already asked a very similar question, but nobody seemed to have replied him yet.
My questions are:

1. Would I need to get two notarized copies of my degree, or have only one notarized and photocopy it?
2. Likewise, for the transcripts and letters of recommendation, should I request for two original copies, or ask for one and photocopy it?
3. Would the transcripts, letter of recommendation, etc. should be put in a sealed/ signed envelope? 
4. Would submitting a filled out physical examination form (without separate attachments - e.g., x-rays and blood tests) be sufficient? 

I would appreciate if anyone could answer any of the above questions.
Thank you so much in advance, and best wishes to everyone applying for the scholarship!

@jungyook

1. Get two notarized copies of your degree and transcript of records.

2. I got letters in pdf form from my professors, so I just printed two copies of each.

3. Read here. Hint : section 6: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3157

4. I will submit requested reports to the physical examination form.

I get my answers thanks to searching on google. Recommend to others :)

• Like 1

• New Members

@ZolooB

Thank you so much for answering my questions.

Just for clarification, so the recommendation letters don't need to be sealed and signed on the envelope, as long as they are signed on the letter itself, is it?
My school's policy has been to give recommendation letters in a sealed & signed envelope (so that the applicant themselves cannot read the actual letters), so I guess I will have to open them and photocopy/scan & print them then.

Once again, thank you for your help!

@Chris Wondering if you got through to the NY Consulate? I've been calling both the NY and the DC consulates, but have been unable to get a person. If I transfer after the machine, my call just drops. 

@anyone Has anybody heard how exactly the Chinese 1 year language + 2 year MA works? For example, if I apply to an MA that is taught primary in Mandarin but fail to achieve sufficient fluency after the one year language program, can I spend another year studying Chinese? Can I transfer to an English language program? I'd like to apply for a Chinese studies or philosophy MA (taught in Mandarin), but I'm skeptical that one year is sufficient to get me to the level required. 

^ You just have to keep trying to call at different times and different days. Maybe try emailing them too.They are hard to reach. Maybe they are busier than usual because Chinese New Year is coming up and they a lot to do? I don't know, just a guess. 

The other question I have no clue. You could try emailing the csc people or messaging another user from a prior csc thread to see if they know. 

Asia Affairs
 Tel
0086-10-66093928        66093923
jyu@csc.edu.cn              ypeng@csc.edu.cn
  Africa Affairs
 Tel
0086-10-66093921        66093919
  Europe Affairs
 Tel
0086-10-66093927        66093922
lhao@csc.edu.cn            glzhang@csc.edu.cn 
  America And Oceania Affairs
 Tel
0086-10-66093977 
  Special Scholarships
  (Organizations And Enterprises)
 Tel
0086-10-66093925
  Chinese University Scholarships
 Tel
0086-10-66093970        66093978
jqiao@csc.edu.cn           ykzhao@csc.edu.cn

^ I believe that is for csc and if it isn't you could always ask them to point you to someone who does know.

• Like 2

Can you apply to both language and undergraduate at the same time in case you don't get accepted in one of them or if accepted for both can you choose one and discard the other one (I don't feel it's right because I might be taking someone else's space however the international affairs office in my country told me I could apply for both and if I rejected one they would simply move on to the next elegible applicant).

Do you guys think that the same chances of winning the language scholarship are equal to winning the undergraduate scholarship?

I received the scholarship for this school year and am considering to reapply again for another year. I had my physical exam in September. Does anyone know if I have to take the physical exam again before submitting my documents or is the one I took in September should be fine? Thanks for any help.

Hi, I am currently in china on the csc scholarship and I just finished my first semester of Chinese language. I got the scholarship for a master degree in economics taught in Chinese. But I'd like to change program and university, and actually student the bachelor degree of medicine. Here is my question; I know its kind of impossible to change university, but can I do a new application for the sept 2016 csc scholarship? If yes and I am refused to this new csc, do I keep my current scholarship? 

Thanks

Alex_Hart,

I am going to contact the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC after the Spring Festival break and I hope I can just apply directly through them as they seem to be the most straightforward with information about this. I checked their website and they have a bit of information about this. I checked the Chinese Consulate in New York City website and they have nada regarding scholarship application information--"are they even equipped to handle applications?" is my thought about them.

Chinese Embassy in Washington DC website with links to CSC information and forms:

http://www.sino-education.org/english/studychinese.htm

The agency number for the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC is 8401 and they make it clear that their deadline for the application is April 1, 2016 (I believe that means the by-date that your application should be in their hot little hands, not postmarked date). I haven't located an agency number for the Chinese Consulate in New York City.

Contact information for representatives in the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC:

http://www.sino-education.org/english/contactus.htm

I am excited to finally be going for this and attempting to make it happen. I really hope to get a one-year scholarship to study Chinese in a non-degree program. Fingers crossed and best foot forward! 

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

For U.S. applicants:

http://www.sino-education.org/english/Introduction-En.pdf

It's pretty much what we already know and what can be gleaned directly from the CSC/laihua websites but I did pick this up from the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC's website.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Hey Chris!

I'm afraid I tried contacting the DC consul a few times over the week - no luck getting through the phone system so far! I agree with applying to the DC consulate, however. Let's just hope we don't get our apps bounced back at us!