Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Now. The application window is now open and now is the time to gather your materials to submit them by the April deadline.

Email your desired schools again in a couple of weeks. After Monday, February 22nd or even Monday, February 29th would probably be best. University campuses are empty now and no one is around due to the semester/Spring Festival break.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 2

Hi my name is Cynthia Briones I am from Ecuador and I am really interested to apply to CSC Scholarship for a master degree but I have some questions and I wanted to know if you could help me.

1. I am interested to apply a Tsinghua - MIT Global MBA Program but in the online application when it ask me to choose my master program it doesn't appear, so I don`t know what to select in that part.
2. I have a friend that she already was selected for a degree scholarship program and she told me that she didn't need to apply directly to the university as well as the CSC Scholarship, she just apply to the CSC Scholarship and because they gave her the scholarship she was selected to the university as well but in the announcement says that I have to apply both, is it true, how it works? 
3. If I the program that I want to apply is just in english but I want to learn Chinese as well, can I apply for 2 programs? I mean I want to apply for a Chinese language program for 1 year and for the master program for 2 years?

Thanks in advance for your support and constant help. I will be waiting your answer.

Greetings Cynthia Briones 
  • Like 1

Hi Musty.

The Chinese embassy in Nigeria don't deal with scholarship issues. Its the Federal Scholarship Board that's in charge of that (Bilateral program). You'll have to apply for the scholarship through them. I think the openings are still on, although u'll have to sit for an exam--google it.

You can also apply directly to the universities in China--check the school website for details.

Finally, go through campuschina.org carefully ...you shouldnt av a problem.

• Like 2

Hi,

I contacted Sichuan International Studies University at interstar@china.com, I asked them about how to get their preadmission letter, they told me to send a copy of my passport and the form. What form are they talking about, where can I find it, I went to: http://www.sisu.edu.cn/ but I could not find any dowloadable file (most of the pages are down "Error 404" )... Are they referring to CSC online application form? 

Any thoughts?

Regards.

I am applying for 2016 CSC scholarship this year for masters degree program,the same college in China that i had done my graduation.

and planning to apply directly to the university via contact i had there.

For that ,do i still need a notarized degree and transcript....?

(i wish i don't need all those because its issued by a Chinese university and MOE ,China.)

Hello,

Do any of you know how long does it takes for a university to give you the preadmission letter once you have sent the documents they are asking for? I know that it will vary, but I'm just wondering if this is something that takes several days or just a few days, also how do they send the pre admission letter by mail or email?

Hey guys

I really want to know how to apply to the Chinese embassy for overseas study(which is step1 of the application procedure)? Do you just send application documents to them? Isn't that the step4?

I'm currently in China,and I can't contact Chinese embassy which is in my home country . The e-mail I have written them has been automatically sent back saying that the users is over quota.

Hey, everybody!

Is there anyone planning to apply for EU window scholarship? There is still no official cal for application, I called Mr Chen before CNY, he said that they would publish the materials for application in a week. I often check the website, but still no info :(

I am going to apply for MBA in Chinese :)

I have a great dilema, someone please give me advice.

I really want to study and visit China, I want to apply for the undergraduate program for Chinese languages and literature which will give me a an actual degree or choose the language progeam which is for 1 or 2 years.

I am 24 years old which is the limit to apply for the undergraduate degree, I'm aiming to stay more than one year in China but If I stay only one year with the language scholarship which is a non degree program...I would be in the same position I am now, I would be 26 with no college degree when I come back, meaning that I would have to go back to the same stupid call center industry I had been working for the last 5 years.

Many people have told me not to choose the degree program, but instead choose the language program since I might end up not liking China (or my city or my university) at all in the middle of a 4 year degree.

I'm very positive about China but I don't really know which program to choose. Please share your thoughts and experiences

Hey everyone,

do you guys know of there are any advantages to being nominated by a third party?

I already got accepted by my university for a 6 month scholarship to study at Tsinghua but because I originally wanted to go abroad for one year they will propose me for the CSC scholarship. They have three "spots" for this. So I will give my application to them and they will send it to the Chinese embassy in Germany.

I.carranza,

Just my two cents, but I would say apply for the scholarship as an undergraduate candidate.

I'd flip it around: it's easy to say, "maybe I shouldn't commit to a 4 or 5 year program, because I may not like it", but what about the opposite? What if you do like it, but you only give yourself one year...and then back to the call center?

Yeah, I'd say apply for the undergraduate program to give yourself 4 or 5 years. Take that chance...no more call center, a fantastic opportunity to earn a free college degree, five years to get to a solid level of Chinese, a chance to get to know another country and culture, perhaps fall in love, money in the pocket from the scholarship, and and and!

I mean, I would rather have something and abandon it, rather than being empty-handed but really wishing I had it: worst case scenario--you get the scholarship and then after a couple of years, you decide you don't want to do it anymore. You can simply walk away.

If you don't get the undergraduate scholarship this year, THEN apply for the one or two-year non-degree language program scholarship next year.

Just my two yuan.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1