Chinese-Forums

Guangdong University of Foreign Studies

Chris Two Times

I am writing to gain information, ideas, insights, and/or intuitions (oh! alliteration!) about this university in Guangzhou.

I have noticed that in addition to their Chinese language non-degree programs, they offer students with HSK, Level 4 the option to move into the second year of a four-year undergraduate degree program and those with HSK, Level 5 the option to move right into the third year of a four-year undergraduate degree program in Chinese (Business Chinese or Culture and Communication tracks). I am wondering how enticing such a move could be. Are there any ideas, insights, and/or intuitions about such a program?

http://iie-en.gdufs.edu.cn/admissions/Undergraduate.htm

I visited this campus in November 2013, and, while it is way outside of central Guangzhou (at least it's close to Baiyun airport in case you fly directly into Guangzhou); nonetheless, I found the campus to be rather pretty and pleasing and easy to manage. Perhaps spending the week on the campus away from the hustle and bustle of central Guangzhou is a good thing and then going into central GZ at the weekend could be a preferred plan of action.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

prospects for international students GUDFS.pdf

Edited by Chris Two Times

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Dear all, 

I saw a program advertised on CUCAS for studying Chinese for 8 weeks from start of May to end of June 2017. (http://school.cucas.edu.cn/Guangdong-University-of-Foreign-Studies-270/program/Short-term-Chinese-Language-Training-Program-35410.html)

Does anyone know whether this 8 week program will be separate from the semester long programs or they would throw us in with the semester long students?

Do you think there would be advanced class open for the 8 week program? (i have already reached an advanced level and study in China before so looking for an advanced Chinese course but I'm busy till end of April)

Edited by barashkov
include link