Chinese-Forums

Any reviews of china-admissions.com

I.carranza

I'm truly overwhelmed by the complexity of the process to get a Chinese scholarship. I'm pursuing a undergraduate scholarship.

Ironically, workers from the Chinese embassy and the local office of international affairs of my country seem a little unprepared and hesitant when answering my questions about the process, they only refer me to the official websites and I have several questions that are not listed in any website or forum.

Just to mention one of my questions:

I need to choose between a language scholarship or an undergraduate scholarship, in the website says I must be no older than 25 "WHEN APPLYING", I am currently 24, the application process closes on March, I turn 25 on July,12th. The person in charge of the scholarship section at the embassy had never seen a case like mine so he asked me to call the CSC offices at Beijing and ask them, I called them and they referred me back to my local Chinese embassy because they apprently did have an answer for me either. The office of international affairs told me to apply with them anyway since they think I'm eligible. (I have to apply thru them with cooperation of the Chinese embassy) That's maybe my major concern because I don't want to lose my time gathering all the documents they need for the embassy to tell me that I am not elegible before even letting me apply. If I can't apply for this one I would rather invest my time on gathering all the requirements for the language scholarship which is only for one year (I am looking forward to stay more than one year tho, that's why my main choice is the 4 year degree) and the age limit is higher. Anyway, I'm about to pay this guys from www.china-admissions.com which promise to check if I'm eligible or not before paying and if they consider I am eligible they will ask for a $USD800 fee to help me thru all the process, if I don't get accepted they will refund $USD 500. What should I do, they appear to be more knowledgeable than the people from the Embassy. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

I don't think we have any info on china-admissions. Same people as China Global Education Services, if you want to search for that as well.

I'm dubious about the way businesses are inserting themselves into the scholarships processes. The point of a scholarship is to get people who couldn't otherwise afford to study, to study. If being able to pay USD800 up front gets you an advantage, that seems unfair. If it doesn't get you an advantage - then there's no need to pay it, unless you're saving USD800 worth of your time. 

"The person in charge of the scholarship section at the embassy had never seen a case like mine so he asked me to call the CSC offices at Beijing and ask them, I called them and they referred me back to my local Chinese embassy because they apprently did have an answer for me either. The office of international affairs told me to apply with them anyway since they think I'm eligible"

The fact they can't handle simple queries like yours, though, means there'll be a market for hand-holding and reassurance, even if it doesn't make any difference to your chances. 

• Like 1

Try emailing the university you're interested in applying to and see if they can give you any information.

I hate these third party businesses, especially application services.  The market for helping Chinese students to apply to universities abroad is HUGE and obviously some people are trying to see if they can make money doing the same thing for overseas students applying for study in China.  I usually try and avoid this kind of thing and do everything myself, although I have to admit I have used similar services (like getting a visa in Hong Kong), but only when reasonably priced.  $800 dollars seems outrageous to me.  I wouldn't pay anything over 800RMB.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • New Members

Hello, I'm Rich founder and CEO of China Admissions https://www.linkedin.com/company/china-admissions/

Scholarships - yes I agree it is quite challenging for students to find the information and apply. We are seeking to put all the information online so it is easier and transparent for students (and free). You can check out my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQsQXL0Z9DU&t=216s&ab_channel=ChinaAdmissions and also lists of scholarships here: https://apply.china-admissions.com/scholarship

For Peking University - their general admissions office does not accredit any third party (just the same as other top universities worldwide such as Harvard, Stanford, Oxford etc.,). These universities have a higher number of applicants and it is more competitive for students to apply (depending on the student and program applying to).

We have helped many international students to successfully apply to PKU.

Actually I was once a student at Peking University (and had an amazing experience). From that experience I understood what it is like to apply to Chinese universities. That is why we provide a free, simple platform with all the information, to apply online. 

Thanks, and if you have any questions or feedback about how we can improve feel free to contact me at rich@china-admissions.com

• 2 years later...
  • New Members

My experience with China Admissions service - not worth the money!

Chin admissions is legit for anyone still wondering, but NOT worth it (the Youtube content is good tho).

I paid 500$ for the service, was very disappointed and want my money back.

I applied for several visiting students and language exchange programs at different unis. I bought a service because I wanted to increase my chances to get admitted. I paid $500 for the priority service. 

The only thing they actually do, is putting your personal data in the application portal of the University and help you pay the fee. 

They didn’t put my information in correctly so I had to do several adjustments. They also requested a video of me talking, which wasn’t even asked or looked at by the University.  I sent more than three questions via email to them which they ignored completely. I asked them to clarify something things with one University. After asking them for the third time, they reply to me on a Sunday saying that they spoke to them and the deaths no new information. I needed to ask a Chinese friend to call the University and got information I needed. So they also betrayed me.

My advice : watch the videos, and don’t buy the service. Find a Chinese friend who will help you with the payment if the uni requires wechat pay or alipay. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hello, 

I'm Rich and founder of China Admissions.

Thanks for leaving your comment and your feedback. Thank you for appreciating our Youtube content. I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your experience.

I would appreciate if you can email me rich@china-admissions.com so I can look into it in more detail and understand.

We did look into your case.

- Just to note that the $500 does include the application fees for universities.

- We did help this student apply with priority and they did get accepted into one of the top universities in China. 

- We are now making it easier for students to book a call with us before ordering a higher level service so we can make sure expectations are clear in advance. We've also implemented a different communication process for students who are applying with priority. Priority students can now also book a call with us anytime.

- We do require students to create accounts on the university platforms because this ensures faster more efficient updates, and it's also the account and email that you will need when you get your visa, and when you are enrolled. It's important that students check their details finally before submitting. We are upgrading and improving this process.

- We do spend a lot of time behind the scenes, and have a lot of experience checking documents and requirements and communicating with universities which can be very valuable before submitting to universities. We are improving how we communicate this to students.

We do have a refund policy here:

https://www.china-admissions.com/refund-policy/

You can request a refund here:
https://www.china-admissions.com/refund-request-form/

Thank you

Edited by Richard Coward