Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China

Applying for work visa, need help!


Recommended Posts




Sorry if this has already been asked or has been put in the wrong place (I did try to check :P)


I'm been offered a teaching position so am applying for a Visa to earn money in China and having a lot of problems with what to do was wondering if anyone can help?


I have my degree notarised and with an Apostille stamp and my medical forms completed, just wondering if anyone knows what the next step is?


Thank you,



Link to post
Share on other sites
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

If you've already been offered a position, has the school not given you any guidance? If not, I'd be a little concerned maybe they don't know what they're doing.

Essentially the schools needs a colour copy of your degree, TEFL cert., photo and passport page. You can scan these and email them. Once they have those they should apply for an invitation letter. They send that to you through the post.

Once you've received the letter, you take that to the embassy or visa centre along with a completed application form for a Z visa. Hand those in and supply copies of any documents they need (e.g passport).

At some point you might need that medical form but not sure where. Often you'd either have to redo the medical checks OR get the ones you've done at home authorised once you get here anyway. It depends on the province though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies roddy and ChTTay, unfortunately I've not been given much guidance- it seems I have to get my degree legalised next, then get the letter of acceptance and then start the visa application process :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alice, if they have not given you specific guidance on this matter, it means

A.) The school doesn't care or isn't careful at all about the visa process: they WILL screw things up and probably even spell your name wrong (personal experience) HOLD THEIR HANDS if you decide to go with these people.

B.) The school hasn't done this process before (see above)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...