Chinese-Forums

Applying for work visa, need help!

AliceEnchanted

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked or has been put in the wrong place (I did try to check :P)

I'm been offered a teaching position so am applying for a Visa to earn money in China and having a lot of problems with what to do was wondering if anyone can help?

I have my degree notarised and with an Apostille stamp and my medical forms completed, just wondering if anyone knows what the next step is?

Thank you,

Alice

If you've already been offered a position, has the school not given you any guidance? If not, I'd be a little concerned maybe they don't know what they're doing.

Essentially the schools needs a colour copy of your degree, TEFL cert., photo and passport page. You can scan these and email them. Once they have those they should apply for an invitation letter. They send that to you through the post.

Once you've received the letter, you take that to the embassy or visa centre along with a completed application form for a Z visa. Hand those in and supply copies of any documents they need (e.g passport).

At some point you might need that medical form but not sure where. Often you'd either have to redo the medical checks OR get the ones you've done at home authorised once you get here anyway. It depends on the province though.

@Alice, if they have not given you specific guidance on this matter, it means

A.) The school doesn't care or isn't careful at all about the visa process: they WILL screw things up and probably even spell your name wrong (personal experience) HOLD THEIR HANDS if you decide to go with these people.

B.) The school hasn't done this process before (see above)